• Show
Clear All

Free Trial HS3 Error

I am new in the Homeseer application, I installed for the first time
    I am getting the error.

How can I fix the error.

Waiting for user to continue trial...
    Starting up....

2/10/2020 10:32:58 PM ~!~Warning~!~Error starting web server, port in use? Are you running a web server on the designated port? Edit settings.ini in the Config folder and change gWebSvrPort=## to a different port #. An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
    Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Thanks

Are you running a webserver on port 80? You need to go to tools->setup->network tab and change the server port number here if you are. Have you checked your firewall rules to see if that is blocking you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-02-11 11-10-40.png
Views:	60
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1361653

Comment

If the web server cannot launch, it will be difficult to get to the configuration pages

If this is Windows, the first thing to do is to make sure World Wide Web Publishing Service is not running. It will occupy port 80. Alternately make sure the IIS role is not installed. See this post.

If you just want to move HomeSeer to a different port go to the \config directory and edit settings.ini. Look for this entry. gWebSvrPort=80 Create it if it is not there. Shut HomeSeer down and change 80 to 81, 8080 or whatever you want to use.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
      X