No announcement yet.

Camera doorbell suggestion / compatible with hs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a good solution for rural gated properties. In addition to a good camera/doorbell I need also integrated

a) a keypad for entry by pass code
    b) relay output to open the gate

Comment

The primary two MFG CCTV cameras globally are Dahua and Hikvision.

Here installed the Hikvision OEM Video Doorbell. It is sold today by Hikvision and third parties (RCA, EzViz, et al). Hikvision / 3rd parties have upgraded (opened) the firmware to allow for RTSP, ONVIF and JPG captures. RTSP is RTSP, ONVIF is ONVIF and JPG is JPG. Gone are the propietary per camera company protocals.

Way back first combo doorbells were prohibitively expensive. Now you can purchase them for less than $100. IE: one of the add ons to my security panel was a combo doorbell intercom (using SIP) with video. Huge box and expensive. I never purchased one or integrated the suggested intercom to my security panel.

The Hikvision and Hikvision OEM video doorbell works fine with HS4 video / CCTV. Homeseer 3 had issues with RTSP and now it works fine. This is not related to MFG of camera rather just the RTSP standard. Well too this is my very first time using a Wireless video camera. I went to testing with Grandstream cameras around 10 years ago because they did audio in / out using SIP back then. You can today purchase a wired POE HD / 4K camera with speaker and microphone and use that instead or a solar powered self contained wireless camera.

Many Homeseer folks were doing that before the combo wireless video doorbell came out. IE: my doorbell button is a zone on my Alarm panell which connects to Homeseer and it alway sent a text message or email message when the button was pressed. It is only today that you can purchase a combo doorbell camera that has all of the features included (doorbell press, PIR, HD and wide angle lens powered by your doorbell circuit). It was a PITA to POE wire up that front door camera. Here went through brick in to the garage and then to the attic of the second floor and then down a chase in the attic to the basement CCTV server. Took a good part of a day to wire it up.

Initially did install a Ring Doorbell camera and liked the build except I did not like that the camera was closed to using the cloud only with a fee.

The Hikvision works fine with Blue Iris and Homeseer and recently have implemented a ONVIF Motion to MQTT docker plugin which triggers Homeseer speech / Alexa TTS on a motion sensor trigger from the camera. Note that the plugin is standardized to ONVIF so it should work with the Dahua doorbell camera (PIR sensor).
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hikvision has a couple of video doorbells that I've been looking at recently to replace my doorbird. Note these are priced starting at $470
        DS-KIS701 Two Wire (older version; runs over your previous low voltage doorbell wiring) : https://us.hikvision.com/en/products...ds-kv8103-ime2

DS-KD8003-IME1 modular video intercom (latest version). I'm leaning towards this version since it's POE which I prefer. Because this is an IP unit you can add this to your NVR. This unit lets you pick just the camera/intercom or any combination of 5-8 modules depending on which you choose.
        https://us.hikvision.com/en/products...r-door-station

The indoor stations come in both 7" and 10" versions.

both doorbells come in flush and surface mount

For both you have the option to answer an indoor video station or use their Hikvision Hik-connect software, available for IOS and android, to answer remotely. https://www.hikvision.com/en/support...e/Hik-Connect/
        HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
        Number of Devices: 1005
        Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Googling here noticed that Leviton does sell a SIP compliant door station which would integrate to my OmniPro panel which is much smaller / compact compared to older offerings.

My current (old) Omnitouch screens do have optional SIP software add ons. The older one were $1000 or more. This one is less than 1K.

Leviton INDS1-S

Hikvision does sell the DB-1 video doorbell in a POE / with rechargable battery (same look and size) in the EU.

Looking on Ebay see the Hikvision DS-KV8202-1A new old stock for $156 USD.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Ran across this newer Dahua Doorbell/Intercom one that checks off many desires for me. POE reliability, NVR capable, Mobile App, SIP , 2MP or higher. It looks more commercial that the Amcrest branded Dahua and has the option to have the indoor lcd screens and poe switch in the kit. I would be interested in just the Doorbell unit itself to start with and maybe add the LCD screens later. Seems like a similar but cheaper option that the Leviton INDS1-S to go with a Omni panel. Hope it is ok to post the link.

https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/review...tor-kit.49853/

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
              Hikvision has a couple of video doorbells that I've been looking at recently to replace my doorbird. Note these are priced starting at $470
              DS-KIS701 Two Wire (older version; runs over your previous low voltage doorbell wiring) : https://us.hikvision.com/en/products...ds-kv8103-ime2

DS-KD8003-IME1 modular video intercom (latest version). I'm leaning towards this version since it's POE which I prefer. Because this is an IP unit you can add this to your NVR. This unit lets you pick just the camera/intercom or any combination of 5-8 modules depending on which you choose.
              https://us.hikvision.com/en/products...r-door-station

The indoor stations come in both 7" and 10" versions.

both doorbells come in flush and surface mount

For both you have the option to answer an indoor video station or use their Hikvision Hik-connect software, available for IOS and android, to answer remotely. https://www.hikvision.com/en/support...e/Hik-Connect/
              jmaddox - I'm Just wondering why you are replacing your DoorBird? I've been thinking about going to Doorbird instead of Ring etc. so I can do local storage instead of messing with the cloud services.

Comment

Full disclosure, for those inclined to paranoia, Dahua has been banned for use by companies doing business with the US Government. They have a pretty well documented history of poor security practices, and even worse transparency.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                  Full disclosure, for those inclined to paranoia, Dahua has been banned for use by companies doing business with the US Government. They have a pretty well documented history of poor security practices, and even worse transparency.
                  Hikvision as well. Unfortunately they supply a HUGE portion of the affordable consumer devices for other companies as well. I am not going to pony up the cash for AXIS or similar. If China wants to watch me pick my belly lint for hours, they can! :-) Fair point to bring up though

Kidding about the belly lint picking, I have that automated!

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post

I installed mine a couple of days ago, and so far it's working as expected.
                    • Blue Iris set up was easy-peezy. The AD110 works same as all my other cameras with regard to triggering HS3 events.
                    • HS3 Auto Camera Setup finds it just fine. Interestingly enough - while Homeseer Mobile works with all flavors of the other Amcrest cameras I have, it can't display a snapshot or video feed from the AD110. Not an issue for me because I only use HSTouch to view cameras.
                    • I saw the same complaint on Amazon about the static IP address. This isn't a problem as long as your router has the ability to assign static IP addresses.
                    • There were other complaints about the cam losing its Wi-Fi connection at night when the IR turns on. I have not experienced that at all, but I also upgraded my home's doorbell transformer to 24v 40VA. My guess is that issue occurs if using a smaller transformer when the cam draws more current for the IR LEDs.
                    • The video, day & night, is OK. My preference would be a 2k or 4k IP camera, but unless someone can come up with a 2-way audio solution in HSTouch - a doorbell cam is the solution for now.
                    • True about the lack of a wedge mount. I had to fabricate one - what a royal pain in the butt that was!
                    • As far as the app's performance - most of the youtube reviews are pretty spot on.
                    I had the same issue with the wedgemount and I now sell them on etsy since I made a 3D Printed model. I also have a corner mount for anyone who needs it.

Also if there is a need for different mounts for other doorbells I may be able to create them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JRose View Post

jmaddox - I'm Just wondering why you are replacing your DoorBird? I've been thinking about going to Doorbird instead of Ring etc. so I can do local storage instead of messing with the cloud services.
                      I have 3 reasons; 1) there a large blurred area has developed in the middle of the image; at least one other person on the HS forums has also experienced this. 2) the image quality is VGA. 3) my experience is that the connection to the app is slow, and at a rough guess I'd say I have a 50% chance of it being usable/working remotely.

My doorbird is 4 years old, it's specs list it's camera as HDTV 720 p, dynamic (VGA – HDTV), it's hard wired to my network using a POE switch, and I have 300mbps fiber. I think the blurred area, present for a couple of years now, is due to cmos burn in since the unit faces due east. Sadly the blurred area is exactly face height, I tried telling my wife that all our visitors were in the witness protection program; she wasn't amused. I'm in the US, I suspect doorbird uses a service similar to myhs which provides IP forwarding for dynamic ip's. But since these are made in Germany the server is probably located there and I speculate that's the cause for my excessive latency and poor performance as my app sends the request from Texas to Germany and back again. Heck worse case the entire video stream goes to Germany then returns to Texas. Doorbird's most expensive 2 units retails for $2500US and list the same 720p resolution. The D1101V surface mount $527 and flush mount $637 are the only model that lists 1080P as their highest resolution. (I just clicked through all the data sheets for this post so that's current data)

Now for the pros in order of importance to me; I like that it can be wired as POE, I can monitor it's feed in blue iris, and I don't need a cloud service. I like that it has a flush mount option; and I like the unit's brushed metal aesthetics; heck some of their units offer powder coating color options including a fire engine red that looks pretty spiffy. I like that it can trigger my analog door chime. I also like that it has an open API; at one point I was considering making my own page for HST instead of using the doorbird app to answer the door.

I'll post some images of the doorbird as well as a POE hikvision DS-2CD2555FWD-IS with 2.8mm lense I installed above my door. This isn't exactly a fair comparison since the hikvision is a 5MP cam, but I do have it throttled back to 1920x1080P to increase it's framerate. These are taken within blue iris. Doorbird first then the hikvision. I'll throw in some night shots with the porch light off.

Doorbird pics day then night:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Doorbird 2020-08-10 07.55.45.386 PM.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1410263

Name:	Doorbird 2020-08-10 09.26.40.194 PM.jpg
Views:	951
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	1410264

Now the Hikvision day/night pics

Name:	Front door 2020-08-10 07.55.45.802 PM.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	1410265

Name:	Front door 2020-08-10 09.26.32.500 PM.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1410266

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by mhog View Post

Hikvision as well. Unfortunately they supply a HUGE portion of the affordable consumer devices for other companies as well. I am not going to pony up the cash for AXIS or similar. If China wants to watch me pick my belly lint for hours, they can! :-) Fair point to bring up though

Kidding about the belly lint picking, I have that automated!
                        I think some of those concerns can be ameliorated by Segregating IP Cameras on their own LAN, installing a good firewall, such as pfsense, and blocking both incoming and outgoing communication. But... I also have no indoor cameras, and when placing my exterior camera's I ensured my hot tub was not in the field of view.

Comment

I put an IP block on all of my Chinese IP cameras. I also don't use WIFI cameras-- POE only.
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

jmaddox So what are you using for your doorbell, if you are using DS-2CD2555FWD-IS which is a fixed mini dome camera? Did you end up trying any of the door station stuff? I too am looking for a POE doorbell cam.

Comment

Originally posted by tin_1 View Post
                              jmaddox So what are you using for your doorbell, if you are using DS-2CD2555FWD-IS which is a fixed mini dome camera? Did you end up trying any of the door station stuff? I too am looking for a POE doorbell cam.
                              I've not yet done anything and my doorbird it's still up. We're currently remodeling our entire house, but that's stalled due to COVID and some health issues of my own. When we replace our siding we'll be replacing our front door and the doorbell. The WAF with the Hikvision cam over the door is quite high. My wife is working from home through January and 99% of our interactions at the door are contactless. When the motion sensor goes off on the front door, if the TV is on, it swaps to the Hikvision's image and we can watch as the delivery is made and once the delivery person retreats we collect our goods. If the TV isn't on, we just open blue iris on a phone to ensure the coast is clear before opening the door.

The model I'm currently looking at is the Hikvision modular doorbell. https://us.hikvision.com/en/products...r-door-station
                              It ticks most of my boxes. POE (a 2 wire version is available), I can monitor it's feed from Blue Iris. Has an app for remote access. Works with an indoor screen to show who's at the door. Can be flush mounted. is 2mp at 1920 x 1080; I would like higher but 2mp is acceptable. The indoor screen can also monitor other camera feeds

The biggest negatives are that the doorbell press can't be captured to trigger events/chimes. Although... it occurs to me if you're not shy about disassembling you're new $350 US toy, you could probably add a contact to the doorbell's physical button. The indoor screen can play a custom chime but I'd like more granular control of when it rings, etc. Also while you can install the keypad it's really meant to trigger calls to multiple apartments and it appears you only have two passcodes, 3 if you include the duress code. The passcodes are meant to trigger two NC/NO terminals to open door 1 or 2 strikers. Those at least could be monitored for events. But I would much rather be able to give out a custom code that I could then read through homeseer and fire appropriate events when it's entered. Don't get excited by the LCD module; it's mainly informative not really set up to let you display custom screens on it.

Hikvision has other video doorbell solutions, including a 3 mp ring look alike but I don't find it attractive and it's wifi. They also have a doorbird look alike but I think they are all 2 wire solutions as well. I want an ethernet/POE solution for my installation.

Comment

Here I was very hesitant to use WiFi for the Hikvision doorbell.

It has done well though using RTSP, ONVIF and JPG captures. I have disconnected from any cloud apps and use VPN on cell phone to "call home".

I am using a hard wired doorbell chime with it which connects to an Elk 960 doorbell board and an Elk 930 debounce board and lately using an onvif-mqtt plugin for motion detection.
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X