Camera doorbell suggestion / compatible with hs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post

I have 3 reasons; 1) there a large blurred area has developed in the middle of the image; at least one other person on the HS forums has also experienced this. 2) the image quality is VGA. 3) my experience is that the connection to the app is slow, and at a rough guess I'd say I have a 50% chance of it being usable/working remotely.
    1 Yup that was me
    2 It was good 4 years ago. Times has changed...
    3 Agree, but I live in The Netherlands (next to Germany) and have similar connection issues. So there is more to it than just distance...

That is why I also cannot recommend the Doorbird, and also looking for alternatives. I really love the Eufy, except that is (still) lacks RTSP. I really need HDR which limits my options (due to the lighting conditions at my door) so open for alternative suggestions.

Thanks!
    stefxx

Comment

I like the idea of HDR, thanks for that suggestion/complication! lol
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 449
      Number of Events: 210

Plug-Ins: Arduino, BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, WeatherXML, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Hey guys, I ended up getting the Dahua VTO
        https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset/...t_20191228.pdf

Happy with specs video/audio is pretty good. The gDMSS for video messages is crap. It's good for live calls.

Since the gDMSS app is not that great for viewing video messages I'd like to get HS to trigger Blueiris to record on bell press.

Want to get the VTO to send doorbell press to HS. Looks like it can be done via the API and MQTT but not sure where to start.

This guy got it done with Home assistant with the available plugins a few devs had done. How hard would this be for HS?
        https://youtu.be/GbkCuT4qHbA?t=682

https://community.home-assistant.io/...-broker/169781

Sorry I've posted in other channels just not sure if the right people might see my post.

Cheers

Comment

So, how does this thing actually work as a doorbell in combination with Homeseer?.. I read through the whole thread, and seems like every commenter is assessing this simply as an IP camera, which it sounds like works great. But can I use the actual doorbell button to trigger events?

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post

1 Yup that was me
            3 Agree, but I live in The Netherlands (next to Germany) and have similar connection issues. So there is more to it than just distance...

That is why I also cannot recommend the Doorbird, and also looking for alternatives. I really love the Eufy, except that is (still) lacks RTSP. I really need HDR which limits my options (due to the lighting conditions at my door) so open for alternative suggestions.

Thanks!
            Hi Stefxx, do you have the Eufy installed?
            If yes, is there integration with HomeSeer (HS3)? Images, doorbell press etc.
            I also have a doorbird, but is’s bad quality

Comment

Originally posted by Paul32 View Post
              Hi Stefxx, do you have the Eufy installed?
              If yes, is there integration with HomeSeer (HS3)? Images, doorbell press etc.
              I also have a doorbird, but is’s bad quality
              No. I moved to the Unifi Protect system and currently using a Unifi G4 Doorbell now. Quite happy with the setup, image quality and app is so much better than the Doorbird. And there is integration by using the Unifi plugin (which I developed myself )
              stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post

1 Yup that was me

Thanks!
                Same here. The DoorBird is over priced and disapointing. Low res, way too much lag (hardly ever get to talk to someone who pushed the button and then left), and now I also have the blur that people talk about. I do like that it has a contact closure relay that I use with our alarm panel as a door bell press.

I might start looking at other options.
                iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Working...
                X