Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera doorbell suggestion / compatible with hs

Hi,

I'm looking to buy an camera doorbell (Ex: ring)

Do you have any recommandation on product and compatiblity with homeseer

thx all

I had a Ring doorbell and replaced it with an OEM Hikvision video doorbell. Works with ONVIF, RTSP and JPG. Storage is local or in the cloud (free).
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      I had a Ring doorbell and replaced it with an OEM Hikvision video doorbell. Works with ONVIF, RTSP and JPG. Storage is local or in the cloud (free).
      Pete do you have a link to the one you purchased?

Comment

Amcrest has a new one out.

Comment

The Ring doorbell was purchased on Amazon.

The HikVision OEM doorbell was purchased from

hxxps://www.nellyssecurity.com/

hxxps://www.nellyssecurity.com/nsc-db2-3mp-wifi-video-doorbell-16gb.html

Note the EZViz and RCA Hikvision OEM doorbell has been on Sale on Amazon for $99.

Stay away from the RCA device as folks have mentioned bricking these updating the firmware.

Works well with the Amazon Show and the Monocle plugin. (reverse proxy which doesn't use the cloud).

EZViz Android / Apple apps work well with it.

Look here for information relating to the HikVision Doorbell.

Hikvision Doorbell 101

Officially there is no Homeseer plugin for the device. BUT you can utilize it with Homeseer / BlueIris. (ONVIF, RTSP and JPG).
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The Ring doorbell was purchased on Amazon.

The HikVision OEM doorbell was purchased from

hxxps://www.nellyssecurity.com/

hxxps://www.nellyssecurity.com/nsc-db2-3mp-wifi-video-doorbell-16gb.html

Note the EZViz and RCA Hikvision OEM doorbell has been on Sale on Amazon for $99.

Stay away from the RCA device as folks have mentioned bricking these updating the firmware.

Works well with the Amazon Show and the Monocle plugin. (reverse proxy which doesn't use the cloud).

EZViz Android / Apple apps work well with it.

Look here for information relating to the HikVision Doorbell.

Hikvision Doorbell 101

Officially there is no Homeseer plugin for the device. BUT you can utilize it with Homeseer / BlueIris. (ONVIF, RTSP and JPG).
            Thanks Pete!

Comment

The Hikvision or Nelly's DB2 (one in the same) also works with Synology Surveillance Station as well.

Pete, what sort of integration are you doing with the DB2 in HS?

Comment

• Got the Doorbell to work with my Amazon Show via Monocle.
                • Using it with my Leviton HAI Omnitouch panels via JPG.
                • Working with Zoneminder
                • Made it a favorite on my main family room Kodi box.
                • Disconnected it from the EZViz / Hikvision cloud app
                • tested it via mobile Hikvision iVS4200 app via VPN tunnel to be working fine.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                  Amcrest has a new one out.
                  I just ordered one of these from Amazon using a promo code for testers and looks to be a good option since it works with Blueiris

Comment

Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post

I just ordered one of these from Amazon using a promo code for testers and looks to be a good option since it works with Blueiris
                    Let us know because Amcrest is supposed to be able to be discovered by HS. Hopefully that includes this device as well since it is a camera.

BTW, where did you get this promo code from? Thanks

Comment

I was going to get the DB2 now I'm thinking the Amcrest.

Comment

Here is a review on the Amcrest AD110 (Dahua db11)

It is on sale on Amazon for $99 minus an $8 discount.

Amcrest SmartHome Video Doorbell Camera AD110

Pros:
                        • It looks good, better than the original DB11 Dahua. It looks like a Ring.
                        • Yes! It works and is automatically detected and can stream/continuous 24/7 record to my Dahua NVR5432! It is now added as a channel. I can even change the resolution/bitrate.
                        • 2-way talk works in both the Amcrest SmartHomeApp and the Dahua iDMSS Plus. Although, when ringing, it defaults to the Amcrest SmartHomeApp.
                        • No cloud fees, no need to insert the memory card.
                        • This thing is essentially sort of another IP camera on your network, that you can add to your NVR.

Cons:
                        • There is no HTTP webGUI that you can configure the camera
                        • Someone mentioned on Amazon they had problem with static IP, I haven't tried this yet.
                        • Someone mentioned on Amazon it requires a continuous outbound connection to the internet. Well, that may be true, after-all, this is a doorbell and the minute someone rangs, you want to answer the door (whereever you are) and that requires outbound internet access. No way around it.
                        • Picture quality is decent 1080P but the competition out there already has 3MP.
                        • Unlike the Ring, there is no spare brackets which can change the angle of the mount. So it can only mount flat against a surface. The Ring that my friends have, it comes with angle brackets so you can tilt.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I'm not sure if the discount was tied to just me but i received this email below and replied back on why i wanted to get one, i am on there beta sign up so that could be the way they do it

i tried to find the sign up but i dont have that email for some reason but looking at it .. all you have to do is reply back to the email Amcrest <producttesting@amcrest.com> to see, i have the facebook link with some info but that was all i found

https://www.facebook.com/amcrest/pos...3730555766379/

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 7:46 PM Amcrest <producttesting@amcrest.com> wrote:
                          Hello,

We are offering our new Amcrest Doorbell Camera for only $59.99 (40% Off!) in exchange for your testing and feedback on the product. The regular price for this is $99.99 which saves you $40.

Requirements of this program:
                          Please reply to this email with a testing plan on how you plan to test the product, your uses for the product and where you would like to post your feedback. After testing the product, you will need to provide feedback on your overall experience of the product as part of this program.

Once we receive your testing plan we will provide you with additional instructions on how to redeem this offer.

Where to leave feedback:
                          You are not required to post feedback to any specific website, however, please feel free to share your feedback on Social Media, YouTube, Forums, Blogs, Deal Websites or any other online retail spaces.

How to Redeem:
                          If you are interested in participating in this offer please reply back with your testing plan and the requested information and we will send instructions on how to redeem this offer.

Restrictions:
                          This camera is part of the new Amcrest Smart Home series, which operates on the Amcrest Smart Home app. Amcrest Smart Home devices have live-streaming capability to Amcrest View Pro, Amcrest NVR's,
                          Blue Iris. However, initial setup must be completed on the Amcrest Smart Home app.

*This offer is only available to U.S. Customers.
                          *This offer is limited to 1 product per household and rebates will only be eligible on new orders.

Sincerely,
                          The Amcrest Product Team

Comment

ocyberbum I contacted amcrest but they did not offer the same deal to me. I did see it on Amazon on sale. I will see how it works.

Comment

Here is a review on the Amcrest AD110 (Dahua db11)

It is on sale on Amazon for $99 minus an $8 discount.

Amcrest SmartHome Video Doorbell Camera AD110

Pros:
                              • It looks good, better than the original DB11 Dahua. It looks like a Ring.
                              • Yes! It works and is automatically detected and can stream/continuous 24/7 record to my Dahua NVR5432! It is now added as a channel. I can even change the resolution/bitrate.
                              • 2-way talk works in both the Amcrest SmartHomeApp and the Dahua iDMSS Plus. Although, when ringing, it defaults to the Amcrest SmartHomeApp.
                              • No cloud fees, no need to insert the memory card.
                              • This thing is essentially sort of another IP camera on your network, that you can add to your NVR.

Cons:
                              • There is no HTTP webGUI that you can configure the camera
                              • Someone mentioned on Amazon they had problem with static IP, I haven't tried this yet.
                              • Someone mentioned on Amazon it requires a continuous outbound connection to the internet. Well, that may be true, after-all, this is a doorbell and the minute someone rangs, you want to answer the door (whereever you are) and that requires outbound internet access. No way around it.
                              • Picture quality is decent 1080P but the competition out there already has 3MP.
                              • Unlike the Ring, there is no spare brackets which can change the angle of the mount. So it can only mount flat against a surface. The Ring that my friends have, it comes with angle brackets so you can tilt.
                              I installed mine a couple of days ago, and so far it's working as expected.
                              • Blue Iris set up was easy-peezy. The AD110 works same as all my other cameras with regard to triggering HS3 events.
                              • HS3 Auto Camera Setup finds it just fine. Interestingly enough - while Homeseer Mobile works with all flavors of the other Amcrest cameras I have, it can't display a snapshot or video feed from the AD110. Not an issue for me because I only use HSTouch to view cameras.
                              • I saw the same complaint on Amazon about the static IP address. This isn't a problem as long as your router has the ability to assign static IP addresses.
                              • There were other complaints about the cam losing its Wi-Fi connection at night when the IR turns on. I have not experienced that at all, but I also upgraded my home's doorbell transformer to 24v 40VA. My guess is that issue occurs if using a smaller transformer when the cam draws more current for the IR LEDs.
                              • The video, day & night, is OK. My preference would be a 2k or 4k IP camera, but unless someone can come up with a 2-way audio solution in HSTouch - a doorbell cam is the solution for now.
                              • True about the lack of a wedge mount. I had to fabricate one - what a royal pain in the butt that was!
                              • As far as the app's performance - most of the youtube reviews are pretty spot on.

Comment

Working...
                              X