Camera doorbell suggestion / compatible with hs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post

I have 3 reasons; 1) there a large blurred area has developed in the middle of the image; at least one other person on the HS forums has also experienced this. 2) the image quality is VGA. 3) my experience is that the connection to the app is slow, and at a rough guess I'd say I have a 50% chance of it being usable/working remotely.
    1 Yup that was me
    2 It was good 4 years ago. Times has changed...
    3 Agree, but I live in The Netherlands (next to Germany) and have similar connection issues. So there is more to it than just distance...

That is why I also cannot recommend the Doorbird, and also looking for alternatives. I really love the Eufy, except that is (still) lacks RTSP. I really need HDR which limits my options (due to the lighting conditions at my door) so open for alternative suggestions.

Thanks!
    stefxx

Comment

I like the idea of HDR, thanks for that suggestion/complication! lol
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Hey guys, I ended up getting the Dahua VTO
        https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset/...t_20191228.pdf

Happy with specs video/audio is pretty good. The gDMSS for video messages is crap. It's good for live calls.

Since the gDMSS app is not that great for viewing video messages I'd like to get HS to trigger Blueiris to record on bell press.

Want to get the VTO to send doorbell press to HS. Looks like it can be done via the API and MQTT but not sure where to start.

This guy got it done with Home assistant with the available plugins a few devs had done. How hard would this be for HS?
        https://youtu.be/GbkCuT4qHbA?t=682

https://community.home-assistant.io/...-broker/169781

Sorry I've posted in other channels just not sure if the right people might see my post.

Cheers

Comment

So, how does this thing actually work as a doorbell in combination with Homeseer?.. I read through the whole thread, and seems like every commenter is assessing this simply as an IP camera, which it sounds like works great. But can I use the actual doorbell button to trigger events?

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post

1 Yup that was me
            3 Agree, but I live in The Netherlands (next to Germany) and have similar connection issues. So there is more to it than just distance...

That is why I also cannot recommend the Doorbird, and also looking for alternatives. I really love the Eufy, except that is (still) lacks RTSP. I really need HDR which limits my options (due to the lighting conditions at my door) so open for alternative suggestions.

Thanks!
            Hi Stefxx, do you have the Eufy installed?
            If yes, is there integration with HomeSeer (HS3)? Images, doorbell press etc.
            I also have a doorbird, but is’s bad quality

Comment

Originally posted by Paul32 View Post
              Hi Stefxx, do you have the Eufy installed?
              If yes, is there integration with HomeSeer (HS3)? Images, doorbell press etc.
              I also have a doorbird, but is’s bad quality
              No. I moved to the Unifi Protect system and currently using a Unifi G4 Doorbell now. Quite happy with the setup, image quality and app is so much better than the Doorbird. And there is integration by using the Unifi plugin (which I developed myself )
              stefxx

Comment

1 Yup that was me

Thanks!
                Same here. The DoorBird is over priced and disapointing. Low res, way too much lag (hardly ever get to talk to someone who pushed the button and then left), and now I also have the blur that people talk about. I do like that it has a contact closure relay that I use with our alarm panel as a door bell press.

I might start looking at other options.
                iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Mentioned above that I am using the Hikvision video doorbell...and communicating to it via RTSP, ONVIF and JPG today via a Ruckus WAP(s).

Always have used Linux Zoneminder here for my cameras. Always worked with Homeseer.

I do now have ONVIF to MQTT add ons running which work well for the doorbell ring and PIR sensor that is built in.

Last week a fellow automation peer gifted me Blue Iris mostly to test the new AI facial recognition. He knows that I am not a Windows person these days.

I installed Blue Iris on a new PC running W2016 server. Easy peasey. I am only connecting the DB to Blue Iris.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Did a quickie drawing of the Hikvision Video doorbell that I have configured here. I have removed it from any cloud app and VPN to it at home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hikvision Doorbell.jpg
Views:	807
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	1476163
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I was thinking of opening a new thread having questions about smart doorbell(s). But this topic seems to be the place to ask them. Besides having a device which performs well and is affordable I am also looking for a device that is more or less independent from the supplier. That is why I do not like so much Ring. I also do not like the Cloud dependancy which is offered with it and latest that it needs to have its own app.. So which device is meeting my requirements? Having the doorbell (camera) working within my home- network and Hs4 ? So more or less the same way I would have using a security camera with Hs4?

Might be interesting having sort of comparison list here holding all the doorbells available with their pro's and cons, features, image quality?

For now I am charmed with the Unifi one since I have good experience with this brand in my network (router, ap's, poe) and they seem not to need much more additional gear to power them up?

So what are your best experiences and what would you use at this moment?

Comment

After long considerations, I choose the Unifi Doorbell. And happy with it. But if you have no other Unifi camera's already, you will need a Unifi Protect system as well. So unless you already have a UDM Pro or Cloud Key Gen2 Plus, the doorbell will need additional components. So unless you have (or plan to have) additional Unifi camera's, it might get quiet expensive...
                        stefxx

Comment

I've had the new Amcrest AD410 installed for about a month and am generally satisfied with it. I use Blue Iris and integrate with HS via the BI plugin.
                          -Wade

Comment

After long considerations, I choose the Unifi Doorbell. And happy with it. But if you have no other Unifi camera's already, you will need a Unifi Protect system as well. So unless you already have a UDM Pro or Cloud Key Gen2 Plus, the doorbell will need additional components. So unless you have (or plan to have) additional Unifi camera's, it might get quiet expensive...
                            Why is that not mentioned in the product description than? I did read a review on the dutch "tweakers forum" and did not see any mention about a Protect system. If I need additional components this will be a expensive camera in the end. Might be better solutions around than?

Comment

nl_user what do you currently use for your Unifi netwerk controller?

And the EU store clearly mentions this dependency...
                              stefxx

Comment

Noticed last week that generation 3 of the Hikvision doorbell is about 50% cheaper than gen 2 and now is a tad smaller than gen 1. The hardware PIR sensor has been removed on gen 3. Personally here have disabled my onvif to MQTT hardware PIR plugin as it was too sensitive and I could never adjust it right. Motion now is using AI video.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X