Error saving events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error saving events

I've had this recurring issue, I can create events and the events will run OK but they never get saved to the database (see a recent error log below). Once HS reboots I lose all the events although everything else seems to be intact. I have made a backup and created a new Windows 10 Pro virtual machine in Hyper-V, reinstalled a fresh copy of HS then restored my backup- same results. I understand virtual instances are not officially supported but it seems that many on the boards have their HS install virtualized. My install is configured with a 4 core Xeon, 8 GB RAM and a 100 GB free on the hard drive. I'm open to suggestions, thanks.
    Feb-13 7:11:43 PM Database Error - Save of the events to the database did not succeed - see the log for more details.
    Feb-13 7:11:43 PM Database ERROR, event New Event failed to be updated or added to the database.
    Feb-13 7:11:43 PM Database Error - Save of the event groups to the database did not succeed - see the log for more details.
    Feb-13 7:11:43 PM Database ERROR, event group New Group failed to be updated or added to the database.

the error messages are indicating that you should look at the log .. I know this may sound simple, but what do the details in the log file show?

Comment

The 4 lines in the original message were from the log, below is the log error I get when creating a new event. Events run OK until I restart HS.
      Feb-14 10:24:34 AM Database There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.
      Feb-14 10:24:34 AM Database ERROR, event TestAction failed to be updated or added to the database.
      Feb-14 10:24:34 AM Database There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.
      Feb-14 10:24:34 AM Database ERROR, event TestAction failed to be updated or added to the database.

Comment

I think you should call HS Support for help on this one.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Working...
        X