Wanted: Device to read voltage in HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: Device to read voltage in HS

I need to read my main voltage (120v x 2). The reason is that I have a solar panel system, 8.4kW that nearly shuts down at about 10AM. This started happening recently. Solaredge says it's because there's a sudden variation of voltage in my lines from the street and the system cuts back to protect itself. I have a few devices that display voltage such as Aeotec and Zooz but they never update the voltage device. Even my 220v Aeon Labs Heavy duty z-wave switch doesn't update the volts. I believe this is a HS issue as none of my devices accurately display voltage. So...

Does sense display voltage, it seems it doesn't but I would like confirmation from users.
    Does the Aeotec Home Energy Meter display and update voltage? I would prefer something z-wave or even zigbee for the obvious reason of tying into HS.
    Is there something else I should be considering?
    Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

You can use current transformers that clip over the wires. You can DIY this or use various commercial systems that do this.

This is basically how systems like sense work.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      Even my 220v Aeon Labs Heavy duty z-wave switch doesn't update the volts. I believe this is a HS issue as none of my devices accurately display voltage. So...
      The voltage on my HD switches do update just fine, although my stove and dryer differ by about 9 volts, so the accuracy may not be very good, although may still do what you need. How do you have your parameter sets? My Aeotec smart switches also update the voltage on a regular basis, however, I use my APC UPS and the associated plugin for displaying my main house voltage.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

The voltage on my HD switches do update just fine, although my stove and dryer differ by about 9 volts, so the accuracy may not be very good, although may still do what you need. How do you have your parameter sets?
        Set parameters? The instructions I have do not mention setting any parameters.
        This is the switch I have: https://www.zwaveproducts.com/collec...y-switch-gen-5

Comment

Oh wow! I did a rescan and now I can set various parameters, before I could only set a parameter value and of course I had no idea what the various ones were. Now I can specify how often I want voltage or whatever updated. Now I know why you're sparkman !!

Comment

Now I know why you're sparkman !!
            lol

Comment

Thanks again, sparkman , but let me ask you, how do I get temperature to report? It's not one of the listed check boxes. I'm only curious since the device itself is nestled inside my breaker box.

Comment

Thanks again, sparkman , but let me ask you, how do I get temperature to report? It's not one of the listed check boxes. I'm only curious since the device itself is nestled inside my breaker box.
                I have polling set up on the temperature child device. It’s been quite a few years since I set mine up so I don’t recall if I checked to see if the temp values can be auto-reported, but it’s working fine with polling. I only poll that child device every 4 hours as I have no need for frequent temp updates.

Comment

I use the Aeotec Multi Sensor 6 to poll temperature every two minutes in two rooms to turn the electric fireplaces on and off. I have them both on USB so no battery power worries. I just use an event that has a occupancy and time element to it and good to go over a year now.

Comment

Working...
                  X