Z-Wave Device Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Device Settings

Can someone explain what the following setting mean and how/when they are used please?

1. Value
    2. Status
    3. Control Use
    Click image for larger version

Name:	controlSetup.png
Views:	131
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	1365336

What I am particularly struggling with is the following:
    Is the Status merely an overloaded display only label for the Control's status so that on a shade/blind type of device you could map "Up" status to "On" Control Use?

Does the device send the assigned Value each time any scene script or event selects the matching "Control Use" value?

I ask as I did not find this being the case when using scenes that I used to control shades with. The value remained as 99 even though I kept changing the mapping for "Off" Control use.
    Attached Files

This is how I understand it - The value and status are a data structure pair. The text is for human consumption and the values tell the device/software what to do. I change the text often to better reflect my preferences.

here is the text from the online help manual

"Devices hold a value property (double) that represents the status in the device, and a string which can be displayed regardless of the device value. It's possible to assign name->value pairs to a device. When this is done, the list of names is presented to the user in a drop list or some other UI form. Also, all trigger and actions dialogs will present the user with the value options rather than prompting them to enter a number. Strings are not as powerful as value/status pairs for control options on a device, but they are useful when strings are not known at device creation time or are dynamic during the runtime of HomeSeer.

Value/Status pairs can represent a status-only value, a control-only value, or both. An example would be the desire to have the value 100 represent "On" as a status, but a different value such as 200 with the status "Turn It On" for control. This arrangement allows a script or plug-in to trigger on the change of the device value to 200 which indicates a change needs to be made, and then set the value to 100 to indicate that the change is complete.

The sections of this help file under this topic will inform you about the VSPair object type, as well as the HomeSeer script interface commands which allow you to make changes to the value/status pairs."

There is alot more about VSPairs in the help file.

Comment

Mcsmqtt use vspairs a lot . If you want an practical exemple try the plugin Michael McSharry

Comment

Working...
      X