Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WiFi or Z-Wave replacement for the Oregon Scientific THGR122NX??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi or Z-Wave replacement for the Oregon Scientific THGR122NX??

My Original RFXCOM receiver finally bit the dust after over a decade of use. I can get another one, but was wondering if there were other options. I want to be able to measure the temp of our freezer (AND the beer frig!) Anything like that in a WiFi or Z-Wave flavor? I have several different motion/temp sensors and non of them can 1) handle the frig/freezer environment for long, or 2) transmit through the frig/freezer unless the door is open.....

Any experiences or thoughts are appreciated.

Some of the Qubino and Fibaro z-wave sensors support an external 1-wire sensor. Here's one example: https://www.amazon.com/Qubino-110-23.../dp/B079J2HZ3Z
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Some of the Qubino and Fibaro z-wave sensors support an external 1-wire sensor. Here's one example: https://www.amazon.com/Qubino-110-23.../dp/B079J2HZ3Z
      Wow. Did not know about this. A little pricy but it could do multiple sensing. Nice. THANKS! I will look into these.

Comment

Here running 1-Wire temperature sensors from modded Sonoff-Basic devices talking MQTT and using mcsMQTT to read the sensors.

I have tested up to 5 DS18XXX 1-Wire sensors to one modded SonOff basic. Been adding sensors to other WiFi devices.

Started using 1-Wire many years ago using Midon Temp-05/08 devices serially connected to Homeseer.

Cost

1 - SonOff basic ~$5 USD
        2 - 20PCS Newest 100CM DS18B20 Waterproof Digital Sensor Probe Thermistor Cable 1M Ebay $21 USD
        3 - pull down resistor (one per SonOff basic)
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The Sonoff RF is able to receive 433 MHz which is the same as your OS sensor. I believe I have the raw bit format decoded as part of W800 receiver in xapRF. To use the Sonoff RF with HS/mcsMQTT you need to flash Tasmota firmware so if you are not comfortable with flashing the Sonoff is not an option for you.

Comment

I'm very comfortable flashing!

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            The Sonoff RF is able to receive 433 MHz which is the same as your OS sensor. I believe I have the raw bit format decoded as part of W800 receiver in xapRF. To use the Sonoff RF with HS/mcsMQTT you need to flash Tasmota firmware so if you are not comfortable with flashing the Sonoff is not an option for you.
            Last edited by outbackrob; February 26, 2020, 04:22 PM. Reason: Adding context.....

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
              I'm very comfortable flashing!
              We talking about hardware still?

This explains your avatar. I always assumed it was you; but now I get that it is people's reaction to you.
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
              Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
              weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
              X