Looking for a better way to control these wifi flood lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a better way to control these wifi flood lights

Admittedly, I don't know much about WiFi past setting up networks. I got these wifi floods for Christmas. They are pretty decent and seem like they will last. ( https://www.novostella.net/collectio...led-floodlight )

I have them working through HS but it is pretty hokey. HS announces what I want to do (Alexa, change the front yard floods to green) on a Echo Dot sized speaker taped to (and inside a box) an Echo Dot. It works. It takes a few seconds, usually, and no one really knows (or did until now) of the duct tape and cardboard shenanigans going on in the wiring closet. Is there a better way?

That is a kludge

if you can figure out what the UP controls are you could don't thru scripts pretty easy.

Comment

It works with Smart Life App and I pretty certain HS4 or other plugins support this. https://www.novostella.net/pages/faq-led-floodlights-en

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
        That is a kludge

Agreed! But that's how we got HS and Alexa to play together back in the olden days! :-)

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        It works with Smart Life App and I pretty certain HS4 or other plugins support this.
        Wow. I bought HS4 but have paid ZERO attention to it. Cool! AND, I never thought about searching Smart Life App. I did and found a world of info connected to it. Thank you!

Comment

By logging in to the Philips Hue app with your Philips Hue account, you can use the Philips Hue bridge to control your lights while you're away from home and set up location-based triggers to turn on the lights when you arrive and turn them off when you leave. Launch the Hue app. Tap Explore. Tap Log in to My Hue.

I hope this helps!
          Admin

o365cloudexperts

Comment

Working...
          X