No announcement yet.

Suggestions for LED light strip for behind TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took off the covering on the strip end and the 12+v was red, the red was white wire, the green was green wire, and blue was black wire. Thank you all it is working now.

Comment

Yep, that is what I was talking about! Glad you got it working!

Comment

The LED light strip is working great. I bought the Govee light strip. I am wondering how I can use HS to turn the lights on to a special colour? I can see different colours in my Alexa app for the lights and I can change them using Alexa but I am wondering how I do this in HS? I don't see these options when using Events.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 5.00.57 PM.png
Views:	448
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1372976

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
          The LED light strip is working great. I bought the Govee light strip. I am wondering how I can use HS to turn the lights on to a special colour? I can see different colours in my Alexa app for the lights and I can change them using Alexa but I am wondering how I do this in HS? I don't see these options when using Events.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 5.00.57 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	31.1 KB ID:	1372976
          You may want to rethink your project for a small fee . Check this out : https://www.google.com/search?client...OT8gKky5iAAQ33

The actual type in the video : https://www.amazon.co.uk

Eman.
          TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Yeah I saw those when I was looking into the LED strips. I don't want to have the lights changing while watching TV I just want to know how to incorporate these different colour choices into HS.

Comment

Yeah I saw those when I was looking into the LED strips. I don't want to have the lights changing while watching TV I just want to know how to incorporate these different colour choices into HS.
              That may get expensive like using the Philips Hue or jon00 used to have this : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3rd-party-developer-area/general-developer-discussion/jon00/74118-jon00-wifi-led-lamp-controller-limitless-milight-easybulb (don't know if he still supports it)

Eman

Comment

These LED lights aren't supported with that plugin. I suppose CPS Scenemaster would work.

Comment

These LED lights aren't supported with that plugin. I suppose CPS Scenemaster would work.
                  -CPS Scenemaster controls scenes (groups) of different controller like Philips Hue, Zwave, Lightwave...........etc in HomeSeer. In other words it doesn't the actual drivers for your device.

-Because no one has supported them but if it's the color that you are looking for then you will have to change the type but before that check this out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8DQntdtD4E once done go here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/lighting-primary-technology-plug-ins/lighting-primary-technology-discussion/mcsshelly-michael-mcsharry/1368877-shelly-rgbw2-color-mode-for-light-strips-and-rgb-lights for application with HomeSeer

Eman.

Comment

OK I will check out the links. I was playing around with this a bit and when I tap on a colour in Alexa and the LED lights turn to that colour, the log displays the RGB custom colour. However, it is in numeric format. Is there a way to figure out the RGB code?

Device: None Basement TV Lights Custom RGB Set to 65510

This was for a Turquoise colour.

Comment

I have a zooz RBGW zwave controller that my lights are connected to. I'm not looking to change the setup that I just implemented. I just want to know how to put custom colours into events so that I can have these colours work when things happen.

*** I actually just figured this out. I changed the lights using the Alexa app and then I watched what the Custom RGBW device changed to in the Device Management. Now I have the Hex value.

Comment

I have a zooz RBGW zwave controller that my lights are connected to. I'm not looking to change the setup that I just implemented. I just want to know how to put custom colours into events so that I can have these colours work when things happen.

*** I actually just figured this out. I changed the lights using the Alexa app and then I watched what the Custom RGBW device changed to in the Device Management. Now I have the Hex value.
                        Yup. Bingo.

Comment

Yep, I got it all working. I kept the connector on the LED lights and cut it at the controller. This was the wires that I couldn't figure out until I pulled the wrap off of the connection on the lights. It turned out to be Red was 12V, Green was Red, White was Green and Black was Blue. I would have never guessed this. I also got it working with Alexa, which took some finding on the forum. One thing that I wish I had noticed before purchasing was that I bought waterproof Govee LED. I didn't need "waterproof" as these are behind the TV and it was a real pain to try and make the corner by doing the 270 degree bend. I had to peel the rubber off and that didn't come off easy!

So since this was relatively easy, it got me thinking about my kitchen. I have just white dimmable led under the cabinets. Is there a way to convert these to RGBW? It looks like there is just two wires.
                          I am thinking on doing the same but had a couple of questions. Did you remove the controller so you can incorporate into your scenes? These look like they're already Alexa enabled.
                          I think I read that you're having issues with the Zoos controller with HS4 and Alexa... Did this get resolved? While I haven't moved to HS4 yet, I know I will at some point. Any lessons learnt that you would recommend to someone implementing this? What's the better controller Zoos or Fabaro RGB contoller?

Thanks

Robert

HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I am not sure if it is the zooz controller that is having issues with HS4 or HS4 having issues with the Alexa app. The zooz controller connected to HS3 really easily. And all seems fine in HS4. However, in the Alexa app, the colour capibilities doesn't seem to be working correctly. Not sure if the lightstrip that I used is Alexa enabled but I wanted them in HS so I went with the controller instead of the controller that they had on the lightstrip. I guess it probably could be done with Tuya. I haven't set up any scenes yet.

Comment

Depending upon your objectives the following are two interesting project for lighting that matches the color of the scene on the TV. Both are in the alpha stage and I have no direct experience with either. One is ESP8266 and the other RPi. There are YouTube videos on them as well.

https://github.com/sblantipodi/glow_worm_luciferin
                              https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng

Comment

Working...
                              X