Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IP Camera recommendation for integrating into HSTouch?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    IP Camera recommendation for integrating into HSTouch?

    So we want to integrate 6 IP Cameras directly into HSTouch. We have used HomeSeer's own IP cameras, but we would like something with higher image fidelity and full IP67 rating.

    What would be a good camera that allows direct streaming into HSTouch and has at least a 2 to 4 MP sensor?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

    #2
    For exterior I have several Amcrest IP8M-2496EB that I've been very satisfied with.
    -Wade

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
      For exterior I have several Amcrest IP8M-2496EB that I've been very satisfied with.
      These would be for exterior yes. Do you have those streaming directly into HSTouch? How's the image quality?

      Comment


        #4
        I have several Dahua cameras. The Starlight+ cameras are fantastic...
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

        Plug-Ins Enabled:
        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by wpiman View Post
          I have several Dahua cameras. The Starlight+ cameras are fantastic...
          Thanks for the tip wpiman . Do you have those streaming directly into HSTouch?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by dchramcow View Post

            These would be for exterior yes. Do you have those streaming directly into HSTouch? How's the image quality?
            Yes I'm streaming directly to HS Touch. URL is http://usernameassword@camIP/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?
            Not a true video stream; rather snapshots and refresh interval is configurable in HSTouch. I use 1 second interval.

            Image quality is somewhat subjective beyond the specifications. I would say it's good, though not great for such detail as license plate reading except relatively close. Night view is where I've noticed the most variation between cameras of similar specs--although I've not done much comparison. Night vision is pretty good, although mine aren't working in complete darkness. Day and night examples below, although I had to reduce image quality to get them below the 2MB max size on the forum so image quality is degraded a bit. There's a streetlight above/left of image, so that improvess the night view significantly beyond the IR LED reach.

            Daytime image (overcast skies), reduced resolution for upload:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1367581
            Nighttime image, reduced res for upload. Not a great example due to foreground objects, but don't want to publish other camera views on the forum.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1367582

            Truck across street ~50', full-res.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	1367584

            Stop sign and street sign a ~140', full res.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1367585

            In HSTouch.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	151
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	1367583
            -Wade

            Comment


              #7
              Awesome post!, thanks for the detailed information. The image itself does look very impressive.

              We would want at least a 15 to 20 frames per second on that stream, do you think that would possible?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by dchramcow View Post
                Awesome post!, thanks for the detailed information. The image itself does look very impressive.

                We would want at least a 15 to 20 frames per second on that stream, do you think that would possible?
                I don't know anything about configuring a full video stream, but my understanding is it can't be done directly. This (old) thread discusses using Blue Iris as intermediary. I use Blue Iris but haven't tried using it to feed HSTouch as the snapshots are sufficient for my needs.


                -Wade

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

                  Yes I'm streaming directly to HS Touch. URL is http://usernameassword@camIP/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?
                  Not a true video stream; rather snapshots and refresh interval is configurable in HSTouch. I use 1 second interval.
                  How exactly are you doing that and do you use a firetablet\android? I've tried getting my amcrest streams in hstouch for the past few months and never got it working. I tried with the URL you gave and it still doesn't work for me.. I've tried using a textbox with the URL as the text which is how I get blueiris streams to work but doesn't work with the cgi streams like amcrest cams and i've tried using an 'image box' and using the url in the "imageURLnormal" And still not working (even with the "IsVideo" option). Is there something special you did?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Hsuser View Post

                    How exactly are you doing that and do you use a firetablet\android? I've tried getting my amcrest streams in hstouch for the past few months and never got it working. I tried with the URL you gave and it still doesn't work for me.. I've tried using a textbox with the URL as the text which is how I get blueiris streams to work but doesn't work with the cgi streams like amcrest cams and i've tried using an 'image box' and using the url in the "imageURLnormal" And still not working (even with the "IsVideo" option). Is there something special you did?
                    That's too bad. Let's wait for cc4005 response as to how he got it working.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Here's my config.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1367637
                      -Wade

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                        Here's my config.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1367637
                        Omg.. I 'had' to put http:// in front of the address.. It's working for me now. It worked fine in my browser without the http but in hstouch it seems you have to use it. So yeah it's working for me to. I wonder if my past attempts failed all because of that lmao.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Also, there are two web settings which must both be true. I just have up web cameras and set a series of web pages up, reach of which displays a different camera.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200302-225051.png
Views:	133
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	1367712
                          Karl S
                          HS4Pro on Windows 10
                          242 Devices
                          56 Z-Wave Nodes
                          37 Events
                          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                          Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by ksum View Post
                            Also, there are two web settings which must both be true. I just have up web cameras and set a series of web pages up, reach of which displays a different camera.
                            Bear in mind that yours is set up as a text element while mine is an image element which doesn't have those two properties. I don't know whether the 2 are interchangeable or if the text element is required for a webcam stream and the image element required for the camera snaps. I've not tried a text element.
                            -Wade

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Ah. Right. Yes, I have a live stream of video using only the text element with the URL as the text and the two web settings as shown in my image. The stream is a bit larger than my touch screen but I am able to slide it around and see different areas. Here is my touch screen:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200302-231537.png
Views:	120
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	1367716
                              Karl S
                              HS4Pro on Windows 10
                              242 Devices
                              56 Z-Wave Nodes
                              37 Events
                              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                              Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X