Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make HS run power-management? Instant power, highest-average-hour

Hi!

I am in the beginning of incorporating Homeseer 3pro(HS4pro ready), and have connected it to my KNX- based house.

My goal is to manage power consumption in my house due to new taxes on power consumption.

This is how it works:

*The bill for the electrical grid-load-charge period last from 1st of every month to the 1st of the next month.

*The 1 hour with the highest average kWh value *this period* determine the extra consumption fee cost.

After looking at the data, it looks like it is realistic for me to save around $30 every month, by removing power spikes and moving a little around on power demand in my house. That's around $300+ a year..

Is there a way of creating a list, that save all datapoints with date and time, from my instant power consumption readings ? I need the list to output an average consumption value with time and date stamp when a new hour start up.
    Example #1 : It record all datapoint(New data every 2,5seconds) values from 17.00 hours to 17.59.59 hours, and when time gets 18.00 hours , it outputs the average value: Example: March 12, 2020 Hour 17: 10kWh.

I also need a list to be able to register the hour with the highest power consumption *this month*, and I want the "current hour" average consumption list, to output the average value to that list.

(1st. in every month that list is reset.)

Then it will contain values like this:
    March 01, 2020 Hour 00: 1.32kWh
    -
    -
    -
    -
    March 12, 2020 Hour 15: 2.67kWh.
    March 12, 2020 Hour 16: 4.30kWh.
    March 12, 2020 Hour 17: 10.00kWh.
    March 12, 2020 Hour 17: 9.00kWh.
    Etc.
    Etc..

I want to use the highest average hour *this month* to determine whether HS should pause power consumers or not. Example: If instant power consumption when cooking dinner, making coffee, making bread etc. exceed the "highest-average-hour", HS should pause hotwater, floor heating, misc. heating until the instant consumption value are under the "highest average-hour".
    When I have finished preparing dinner, using manual consumers, HS should let consumers be able to run again, up to the "highest-average-hour"-value.

It might be wise on certain devices to maintain a lower temperature limit, hotwater, or floor-heating for comfort temperature etc. But that's not what I am asking for right now.

I am no computer wiz with programming skills, so first I'm hunting for existing tools.

Is there any tools, plugins, scripts etc that can be used for my purpose?

Best regards,

​​​​​​​John
Working...
X