What does this error mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this error mean?

My motion sensor in the basement didn't fire up my Basement lights a moment ago when I entered the room. Upon looking in the logs I found this error:
    Mar-18 2:19:55 PM Z-Wave Zooz Zwave Stick: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification error sending to Node 54(Basement Basement Stairs Motion Sensor).

And these warnings before that:
    Mar-18 2:19:51 PM Z-Wave Warning Queued command (Unknown) failed for Basement Basement Stairs Motion Sensor and is being re-queued for the next wake-up interval.
    Mar-18 2:19:51 PM Z-Wave Warning Zooz Zwave Stick: Device (Node 54) woke up, but queued command failed to be sent. Command=Poll Device
    What does this mean? And should I do something for fix it?

It means that HS was unable to communicate all queued information with the device during the time that it woke up. It's normal to see these on occasion if there is other z-wave traffic at that time. If you see it all the time for that device, then try optimizing it. If it's occasional, you can ignore it.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hmm! But it caused my lights to not turn on. How can I eliminate that issue?

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
        Hmm! But it caused my lights to not turn on. How can I eliminate that issue?
        Did the motion sensor report that motion was detected (ie. did the device value/status change)? If so, then "it" has nothing to do with that. If the z-wave network was particularly busy at that point in time, then the command from HS to the switch to turn it on, may have gotten blocked as well but the switch would change to Unknown status. If the motion command from the motion sensor did not make it to HS, then again, other traffic is the likely issue. Two ways to reduce traffic are to eliminate polling and unnecessary status updates (ie. sending info from devices more often than needed such as very frequent temperature updates on which you are not making automation decisions or its not critical that those updates result in actions right away), and to ensure that as many devices have direct routes to the controller as possible. The latter can be accmplished by having the controller as central in your house as possible and optimizing devices that are routing through others. The z-wave Node Information page gives details on whether there are direct routes or if the traffic is hopping through other z-wave devices.
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
        X