Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 How do you find a device with no catagory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outbackrob
    replied
    Originally posted by Grundcm View Post
    Another method I have used is just go to Plugins - Zwave - Node Information and they should be the last ones on the list. You can just click on the names and it will take you to the devices.
    Well, I was hoping that would be the case and it USED to be the case. HS used to never reuse a node number. Not anymore, it seems. I have removed some devices over the years and it has left some holes in the 1-150+ list. HS now occasionally fills in the unused gaps. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. One of the added sensors filled empty slot 92, but not 94 or 95. One was 7. On was on the very end, but the rest added in throughout. Weird.

Leave a comment:

• Grundcm
    replied
    Another method I have used is just go to Plugins - Zwave - Node Information and they should be the last ones on the list. You can just click on the names and it will take you to the devices.

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    replied
    Hey! Great idea! I found them. They are in a Category called "ALL" (along with a few others I did not realize were missing). I cannot get to them and it does not appear that Jon's viewer will let me change a Category. HOWEVER, I can find the node information easier and make the changes manually instead if having to look at each of the 150+ nodes individually. After a reboot, the individual changes to the "Catagory" seem to take. 24 more to do....

THANK YOU FOR THE IDEA!!!

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    I thought I lost some devices in the past from what I can recall, may be the same reason. So what I do is used Jon's Device List plugin/script and it shows up in there.

It's another great tool in my toolbox...

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    started a topic HS3 How do you find a device with no catagory?

HS3 How do you find a device with no catagory?

I have 150+ Z-Wave devices. I just added 7 new door sensors. Left them in Category Node XX (I changed the 2nd room division to Category) untill I had them all added and had their names and daughter names changed to my scheme. Last step was to change my Category to "Sensor - Door". Thought I did that in a mass change, but instead, they completely disappeared! They do no show up under Device Management. They do not show up when trying to create an event. They DO show up in the Node Information. I can go into the root and try to change the Category, but it does not take. There is no UNKNOWN category currently which is where some things occasionally are found. Any ideas on how to pull these up, or manually change the category? They were kind of a PITA to add so I don't yet want to delete them and re-add. (Plus, they are already screwed unto place in the door jams.....)
Working...
X