Rebuilding my system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilding my system

So i have decided to do a complete rebuild of my PC based HS3 system. It has served me well since the early days of HS. last year I moved and just sort of got a few things running and I have been playing with HSTouch on a couple of tablets.
    I dont really have alot of stuff that is working in my current home.
    i have purchased the HS4 pro upgrade awhile ago and am waiting for the release, here is my question
    should I rebuild using HS3 trust the HS4 will upgrade everything flawlessly or should I rebuild with the HS4 beta and go from there.
    again this will be a ground up rebuild, new Windows 10 pro on a freshly formatted hard drive.
    I have the time and would like to refresh everything.

If you can live with the problems of beta HS4 then I would go to HS4. There are issues still and you would be fighting those, learning a new interface, and building the system. I have not gone to HS4 beta because I need my system to work. I have faith that HomeSeer will make the upgrade work well when HS4 is released. I will follow the sage advice to backup early and backup often to insure I can regress if necessary. I have also been spending time better learning the HomeSeer directory structure and cleaning up old trials and installations/removals. I am banking on a similar structure for HS4 which will put me ahead of the learning curve for troubleshooting if I have problems. I am also cleaning up my HSTouch project to work better and be cleaner.

Regards

Comment

I was doing the same thing. I have been moving over from hubitat and I was waiting for HS4 to come out. So I had some devices on HS3 and some others running on hubitat. I decided that I couldn't stand the divide anymore and I jumped into HS4. After struggling with HS4 issues for a week I decided to go back to HS3 and wait for the official release of HS4. I have since also moved the rest of my devices over to HS3.

Comment

Working...
      X