Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Multisensor 6 range / coverage

Hi.

I purchased the Aeotec Multisensor 6 sometime ago, think it was the beginning of 2019. I have since returned it because the range seemed pathetic. It was mounted at, iirc, 2.1m-2.3m ceiling height which was slightly under ideal. Nonetheless, I found motion detection coverage to be poor... I'd have to be almost right underneath it to trigger.

I've since been looking again at these devices and wondering if I had a bad copy or my issue was something else.

How have people found them in terms of detection?

Thanks

Slow, they're slow, quite slow, yeah slow, did I mention slow?

If you have integration with your security system wire in an extra PIR instead. Apparently some Z-Wave sensors are better than others, but predominantly (even the Aeotec that can run off USB) they seem to be designed from the ground up to run as things that go into a hibernation mode to save power but compromises performance. Ugh...

Comment

I concur, wiring a PIR with your security system is best, but sometimes inconvenient.

The DIY Smart Home Guy did a review of 9 best Smartthings compatible motion sensors a couple of years ago. I don't recall if they are all Z-wave or Zigbee, but you may want to check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGajmyBWOys&t=15s

Comment

Okay thanks guys, I was thinking the combined temp sensor might be useful as there aren't a great deal of dedicated zwave temp sensors available, however, I'm not willing to purchase the Aeotec Multisensor 6, after you have all confirmed what I already thought.

CHeers

Comment

Working...
        X