Can Homeseer tell Alexa to run a routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Homeseer tell Alexa to run a routine

Is there a way to have a Homeseer event tell Alexa to run a routine?

For instance, when leaving the house I have light switch that I press three times. It does a multitude of things such as making sure certain lights are off, turning other things off, etc. If would be nice if it could also tell Alexa to run a routine, and thus activate the Alexa Guard mode.

The only easy way I have found to have Homeseer trigger a purely Alexa routine (say to disarm the "Alexa Guard") is to have one of my Alexa Speaker clients (tablet) that is positioned somewhat close to an Alexa device say the magic phrase. I am sure there are other convoluted ways to accomplish this also, but this works for me.

Comment

I’m doing this using the Alexa Speak scripts that have been pulled from Homeassistant.

so far they are working good. I initiate my TTS and routines using this script.

https://github.com/thorsten-gehrig/alexa-remote-control

Comment

I agree that having only ONE Alexa command of "Start Listening" is not real integration. I am using the "homeseer speaker to Alexa Echo" trick to have Alexa "Announce"
        something on an event and it works 70-80% of the time, but it is quite annoying. I am hoping that between Alexa and homeseer they can come up with something better like having homeseer be able to actually execute Alexa routines. Think it will ever happen?

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
          The only easy way I have found to have Homeseer trigger a purely Alexa routine (say to disarm the "Alexa Guard") is to have one of my Alexa Speaker clients (tablet) that is positioned somewhat close to an Alexa device say the magic phrase. I am sure there are other convoluted ways to accomplish this also, but this works for me.
          What kind of delay are you using between speaking "Alexa" < delay?> "Announce" <alexa asks what you want to announce delay? > speak "This is my announcement"

Comment

I had something working at one point. Using custom scripts and certs.

amyways, I switched to google.

Comment

I trigger Alexa routines by adding a HomeSeer virtual device to Alexa as a pseudo "light". Turn the device on and Alexa can trigger any routine based on the light changing to "on". Simple and easy to do.

Comment

Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
                Is there a way to have a Homeseer event tell Alexa to run a routine?

For instance, when leaving the house I have light switch that I press three times. It does a multitude of things such as making sure certain lights are off, turning other things off, etc. If would be nice if it could also tell Alexa to run a routine, and thus activate the Alexa Guard mode.
                You should be able to set up a virtual device in Node Red and trigger a routine in your event with it.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

You should be able to set up a virtual device in Node Red and trigger a routine in your event with it.
                  You can do it directly in HomeSeer, why add more complexity?

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                    IAlexa can trigger any routine based on the light changing to "on". Simple and easy to do.
                    Not seeing this as an option in the Alexa app the only smart home device I can trigger on is my Ring cameras. I guess it is not available in Europe. That's why.

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

You can do it directly in HomeSeer, why add more complexity?
                      You can have Alexa trigger a Homeseer event this way but the question was how to trigger an Alexa routine from within Homeseer. Homeseer virtual devices cannot trigger Alexa routines as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

Not seeing this as an option in the Alexa app the only smart home device I can trigger on is my Ring cameras. I guess it is not available in Europe. That's why.
                        Alexa Routines / When This Happens / Smart Home / only device showing up on mine is my MQ Garage Door. None of my other devices at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I trigger Alexa routines by adding a HomeSeer virtual device to Alexa as a pseudo "light". Turn the device on and Alexa can trigger any routine based on the light changing to "on". Simple and easy to do.
                          Can you explain more because other users can not get this to work?
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Sorry, I am completely wrong in my thinking - it's the other way around. My apologies for mis-stating

Comment

Sorry, I am completely wrong in my thinking - it's the other way around. My apologies for mis-stating
                              No problems.

Just to sum this up it looks like Node Red is the best route so far unless any other users chip in with another solution.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Working...
                              X