No announcement yet.

Can Homeseer tell Alexa to run a routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd look into node red. There's a node (alexa-remote) that can launch routines within. If you then have the homeseer nodes installed, you could then trigger routines based on a device, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

No problems.

Just to sum this up it looks like Node Red is the best route so far unless any other users chip in with another solution.
      The options identified so far seem to be:

Node Red

A second speaker client talking to an Echo Dot in some sort of box for acoustic isolation

Use a Switchbot switch to push a Flic button. https://flic.io/alexa?utm_source=mai...eid=faf9ebdfe7

Using ISY state variables if you are already using the ISYInsteon plugin

Using special dual definition (switch + contact) virtual devices in Hubitat if you are already using the mcsHubitat plugin. https://community.hubitat.com/t/cont...-hubitat/61094

Comment

Here is another option

https://www.patreon.com/VirtualButtons

Comment

With Node Red and the Remote2 contrib, or the new spinoff which is rumored to stay connected, there is a Routine Node which has an Execute Routine option. You would need to trigger the flow using the same HomeSeer device which triggers the HomeSeer Event as an Event cannot trigger a flow. But otherwise it appears to be a straightfoward flow. I do not use Alexa, though, so I have not tested. I do have an Echo Flex but it isn't plugged in and I have not done anything with Routines.
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
          Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
            I'd look into node red. There's a node (alexa-remote) that can launch routines within. If you then have the homeseer nodes installed, you could then trigger routines based on a device, etc.
            You wouldn't happen to have a screen shot or a quick step by step how to connect all the right nodes in Node-Red would you?

Comment

See these instructions for enabling TTS to Alexa. You would only need to modify the Alexa node to run the routine. There are other write-ups in the Node Red forum and the Alexa subforum to Node Red
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events

Comment

Good Day,

I just wanted to see if there were any new ways to trigger Alexa Rountines from Homeseer? (i.e. Have Homeseer initiate Alexa Guard Mode).

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                  See these instructions for enabling TTS to Alexa. You would only need to modify the Alexa node to run the routine. There are other write-ups in the Node Red forum and the Alexa subforum to Node Red
                  Interesting, this got my attention, unfortunately it looks like that node red has that topic but when I click on it on the drop bar, it shows??? And it does not show the routines from alexa, do I need to do anything special to get to see the routines in that box?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

I did the virtual button (https://www.patreon.com/VirtualButtons) implementation and it worked great. Within Homeseer, I have a script that runs, which trigger an Alexa Routine to turn on Alexa Guard.

The bad news is there is no way in Alexa to turn off Alexa Guard with out speaking "Alexa, I am home"

Comment

There's another way to have HS4 trigger Alexa routines. I do it using Voice Monkey and Jon00's Voice Monkey Utility: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...r-3-homeseer-4

It takes a few minutes to get it set up, but it works perfectly!

Comment

Might look at this thread for some ideas. Basically use an Alexa Routine to change Guard Mode and have Node-RED run the Routine. Note that I do not use Alexa so I do not have Routines nor any use of Guard Mode (just learned about it in this thread) so others may better answer this. I am willing to help try to get it going, but would want to take most of the conversation off line as there will be a lot of back and forth.
                        Karl S
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        1070 Devices
                        56 Z-Wave Nodes
                        104 Events

Comment

This is what I have, when I click on the drop down, I do not see anything there.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I installed the Alexa App on my phone and deleted any routines I had. Then changed the node in Node-RED to not be Execute Routine, but to Speak Something. Then Deployed the Node-RED flow. When I changed the node to Execute Routine I get the same thing you are showing, alphatech. So I canceled the change to the node to close the settings. I then created a Routine in the app, moved the node in Node-RED so I could Deploy again, and changed the node to Execute Routine and I then see my Routine. I did test to see if a Disabled routine would show and it appears as well, so you could possibly run disabled routines? I do not know, but you can try.
                            Make sure you have a Routine under Your Routines in the Alexa app. These are the only ones which showed for me.
                            Karl S
                            HS4Pro on Windows 10
                            1070 Devices
                            56 Z-Wave Nodes
                            104 Events

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                              I installed the Alexa App on my phone and deleted any routines I had. Then changed the node in Node-RED to not be Execute Routine, but to Speak Something. Then Deployed the Node-RED flow. When I changed the node to Execute Routine I get the same thing you are showing, alphatech. So I canceled the change to the node to close the settings. I then created a Routine in the app, moved the node in Node-RED so I could Deploy again, and changed the node to Execute Routine and I then see my Routine. I did test to see if a Disabled routine would show and it appears as well, so you could possibly run disabled routines? I do not know, but you can try.
                              Make sure you have a Routine under Your Routines in the Alexa app. These are the only ones which showed for me.
                              That was very nice of you, thanks. I will try it and I will post back.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

I disabled all the routines and I had only one enabled, no luck with me. Thank you again for the help.

Comment

Working...
                                X