Clear All

• alphatech
    replied
    I'm using the normal alexa remote 2, I will try yours instead. Thanks

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ksum
    replied
    Are you using the applestrudel contrib for Alexa or one of the other ones? If one of the others, try uninstalling what you have and installing this one. Or go to the GitHub page for the contrib and look at the Issues. Revive the Open filler when you do in order to see issues which have any resolution. Also, mine sure the contrib is up to date by finding it in the Manager Pallets list of Installed items and seeing if it says an update is available.

Leave a comment:

• alphatech
    replied
    I can use all the options within that topic fine, as an example if I use the topic speak, Alexa will speak fine, it seems to be only the issue with the routine where it shows???

Leave a comment:

• ksum
    replied
    Do your Alexa nodes show "Connected" below them or do they tell you to go to an IP with something like :3456 at the end? If the later, go to that IP and reconnect to your Amazon account. Then move the Alexa node you are trying to set so you will be able to Deploy again, and click Deploy.

Note that the message below the node may be different, I'm going from memory on what they might be. Sand I'm just guessing at things to check. I'm wondering if it is communicating with Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• alphatech
    replied
    I disabled all the routines and I had only one enabled, no luck with me. Thank you again for the help.

Leave a comment:

• alphatech
    replied
    Originally posted by ksum View Post
    I installed the Alexa App on my phone and deleted any routines I had. Then changed the node in Node-RED to not be Execute Routine, but to Speak Something. Then Deployed the Node-RED flow. When I changed the node to Execute Routine I get the same thing you are showing, alphatech. So I canceled the change to the node to close the settings. I then created a Routine in the app, moved the node in Node-RED so I could Deploy again, and changed the node to Execute Routine and I then see my Routine. I did test to see if a Disabled routine would show and it appears as well, so you could possibly run disabled routines? I do not know, but you can try.
    Make sure you have a Routine under Your Routines in the Alexa app. These are the only ones which showed for me.
    That was very nice of you, thanks. I will try it and I will post back.

Leave a comment:

• ksum
    replied
    I installed the Alexa App on my phone and deleted any routines I had. Then changed the node in Node-RED to not be Execute Routine, but to Speak Something. Then Deployed the Node-RED flow. When I changed the node to Execute Routine I get the same thing you are showing, alphatech. So I canceled the change to the node to close the settings. I then created a Routine in the app, moved the node in Node-RED so I could Deploy again, and changed the node to Execute Routine and I then see my Routine. I did test to see if a Disabled routine would show and it appears as well, so you could possibly run disabled routines? I do not know, but you can try.
    Make sure you have a Routine under Your Routines in the Alexa app. These are the only ones which showed for me.

Leave a comment:

• alphatech
    replied
    This is what I have, when I click on the drop down, I do not see anything there.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ksum
    replied
    Might look at this thread for some ideas. Basically use an Alexa Routine to change Guard Mode and have Node-RED run the Routine. Note that I do not use Alexa so I do not have Routines nor any use of Guard Mode (just learned about it in this thread) so others may better answer this. I am willing to help try to get it going, but would want to take most of the conversation off line as there will be a lot of back and forth.

Leave a comment:

• jgreenberg01
    replied
    There's another way to have HS4 trigger Alexa routines. I do it using Voice Monkey and Jon00's Voice Monkey Utility: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...r-3-homeseer-4

It takes a few minutes to get it set up, but it works perfectly!

Leave a comment:

• NC-Lou
    replied
    I did the virtual button (https://www.patreon.com/VirtualButtons) implementation and it worked great. Within Homeseer, I have a script that runs, which trigger an Alexa Routine to turn on Alexa Guard.

The bad news is there is no way in Alexa to turn off Alexa Guard with out speaking "Alexa, I am home"

Leave a comment:

• alphatech
    replied
    Originally posted by ksum View Post
    See these instructions for enabling TTS to Alexa. You would only need to modify the Alexa node to run the routine. There are other write-ups in the Node Red forum and the Alexa subforum to Node Red
    Interesting, this got my attention, unfortunately it looks like that node red has that topic but when I click on it on the drop bar, it shows??? And it does not show the routines from alexa, do I need to do anything special to get to see the routines in that box?

Leave a comment:

• NC-Lou
    replied
    Good Day,

I just wanted to see if there were any new ways to trigger Alexa Rountines from Homeseer? (i.e. Have Homeseer initiate Alexa Guard Mode).

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• ksum
    replied
    See these instructions for enabling TTS to Alexa. You would only need to modify the Alexa node to run the routine. There are other write-ups in the Node Red forum and the Alexa subforum to Node Red

Leave a comment:

• kc8tmv
    replied
    Originally posted by Furious View Post
    I'd look into node red. There's a node (alexa-remote) that can launch routines within. If you then have the homeseer nodes installed, you could then trigger routines based on a device, etc.
    You wouldn't happen to have a screen shot or a quick step by step how to connect all the right nodes in Node-Red would you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X