Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ksum
    replied
    See these instructions for enabling TTS to Alexa. You would only need to modify the Alexa node to run the routine. There are other write-ups in the Node Red forum and the Alexa subforum to Node Red

Leave a comment:

• kc8tmv
    replied
    Originally posted by Furious View Post
    I'd look into node red. There's a node (alexa-remote) that can launch routines within. If you then have the homeseer nodes installed, you could then trigger routines based on a device, etc.
    You wouldn't happen to have a screen shot or a quick step by step how to connect all the right nodes in Node-Red would you?

Leave a comment:

• ksum
    replied
    With Node Red and the Remote2 contrib, or the new spinoff which is rumored to stay connected, there is a Routine Node which has an Execute Routine option. You would need to trigger the flow using the same HomeSeer device which triggers the HomeSeer Event as an Event cannot trigger a flow. But otherwise it appears to be a straightfoward flow. I do not use Alexa, though, so I have not tested. I do have an Echo Flex but it isn't plugged in and I have not done anything with Routines.

Leave a comment:

• puma
    replied
    Here is another option

https://www.patreon.com/VirtualButtons

Leave a comment:

• upstatemike
    replied
    Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

No problems.

Just to sum this up it looks like Node Red is the best route so far unless any other users chip in with another solution.
    The options identified so far seem to be:

Node Red

A second speaker client talking to an Echo Dot in some sort of box for acoustic isolation

Use a Switchbot switch to push a Flic button. https://flic.io/alexa?utm_source=mai...eid=faf9ebdfe7

Using ISY state variables if you are already using the ISYInsteon plugin

Using special dual definition (switch + contact) virtual devices in Hubitat if you are already using the mcsHubitat plugin. https://community.hubitat.com/t/cont...-hubitat/61094

Leave a comment:

• Furious
    replied
    I'd look into node red. There's a node (alexa-remote) that can launch routines within. If you then have the homeseer nodes installed, you could then trigger routines based on a device, etc.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
    Sorry, I am completely wrong in my thinking - it's the other way around. My apologies for mis-stating
    No problems.

Just to sum this up it looks like Node Red is the best route so far unless any other users chip in with another solution.

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied
    Sorry, I am completely wrong in my thinking - it's the other way around. My apologies for mis-stating

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    I trigger Alexa routines by adding a HomeSeer virtual device to Alexa as a pseudo "light". Turn the device on and Alexa can trigger any routine based on the light changing to "on". Simple and easy to do.
    Can you explain more because other users can not get this to work?

Leave a comment:

• kc8tmv
    replied

Not seeing this as an option in the Alexa app the only smart home device I can trigger on is my Ring cameras. I guess it is not available in Europe. That's why.
    Alexa Routines / When This Happens / Smart Home / only device showing up on mine is my MQ Garage Door. None of my other devices at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• upstatemike
    replied

You can do it directly in HomeSeer, why add more complexity?
    You can have Alexa trigger a Homeseer event this way but the question was how to trigger an Alexa routine from within Homeseer. Homeseer virtual devices cannot trigger Alexa routines as far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    IAlexa can trigger any routine based on the light changing to "on". Simple and easy to do.
    Not seeing this as an option in the Alexa app the only smart home device I can trigger on is my Ring cameras. I guess it is not available in Europe. That's why.

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied

You should be able to set up a virtual device in Node Red and trigger a routine in your event with it.
    You can do it directly in HomeSeer, why add more complexity?

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
    Is there a way to have a Homeseer event tell Alexa to run a routine?

For instance, when leaving the house I have light switch that I press three times. It does a multitude of things such as making sure certain lights are off, turning other things off, etc. If would be nice if it could also tell Alexa to run a routine, and thus activate the Alexa Guard mode.
    You should be able to set up a virtual device in Node Red and trigger a routine in your event with it.

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied
    I trigger Alexa routines by adding a HomeSeer virtual device to Alexa as a pseudo "light". Turn the device on and Alexa can trigger any routine based on the light changing to "on". Simple and easy to do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X