Premium MyHS for Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premium MyHS for Alexa

Who uses a Premium MYHS for Alexa so they can connect two profiles?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

Premium for alexa ?

Comment

Originally posted by themlruts View Post
      Who uses a Premium MYHS for Alexa?
      Are you referring to "premium" as the paid version of myHS? The paid version of myHS does not impose restrictions on the number of users and does not have bandwidth restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

Are you referring to "premium" as the paid version of myHS? The paid version of myHS does not impose restrictions on the number of users and does not have bandwidth restrictions.
        That is correct for no Restrictions so you can use two Amazon accounts to connect to homeseer

Comment

That is correct for no Restrictions so you can use two Amazon accounts to connect to homeseer
          Never tried it. So, are you asking whether this is possible?

If I understand it correctly, you're use case is to have to Amazon accounts (each with a skill configured) talk back to HomeSeer? Haven't tried it, but could test it. But do think only one MYHS account is necessary. It's been a looooog time since I played around with this. I set up Alexa integration back in 2015 I believe.

Or are you wanting to have two different HomeSeer systems interacting with Alexa? This would require two MYHS accounts I believe.
          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post

Never tried it. So, are you asking whether this is possible?

If I understand it correctly, you're use case is to have to Amazon accounts (each with a skill configured) talk back to HomeSeer? Haven't tried it, but could test it. But do think only one MYHS account is necessary. It's been a looooog time since I played around with this. I set up Alexa integration back in 2015 I believe.

Or are you wanting to have two different HomeSeer systems interacting with Alexa? This would require two MYHS accounts I believe.
            So we have a amazon house hold account. My wife has an account and so do I. If i set the skill up under me, she cant control the lights via voice. If I enable the skill for her it boots me and she can work.. My understanding from support is I have to pay $24 A year so i can get more than one account to myhs. It just seems weird that I cant find a lot of posts about this. No one else is running into this issue? Maybe they don't use a household accounts ?

Thanks
            Mike

Comment

So we have a amazon house hold account. My wife has an account and so do I. If i set the skill up under me, she cant control the lights via voice. If I enable the skill for her it boots me and she can work.. My understanding from support is I have to pay $24 A year so i can get more than one account to myhs. It just seems weird that I cant find a lot of posts about this. No one else is running into this issue? Maybe they don't use a household accounts ?

Thanks
              Mike
              This is my understanding as well... and I was too cheap to pay the additional fee

Comment

Working...
              X