Philips Hue hs4 beta pluggin - error discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips Hue hs4 beta pluggin - error discovery

In version 4.0.11.0 and .10 of the plug-in running on Linux,latest version of hs4 beta cannot add new devices. An error message method not found, after 1st step, discovery of bridges/hub

Please set the log level to Trace from the settings page, then replicate the problem and post the logs you get. Thanks.

Comment

Here is the trace:

Error Method not found:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: System.Diagnostics.TraceSource System.Net.Logging.get_Http()
      at System.Net.Http.HttpMessageInvoker.SendAsync (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x0003d] in :0
      at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.SendAsync (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Net.Http.HttpCompletionOption completionOption, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00049] in :0
      at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.GetAsync (System.Uri requestUri, System.Net.Http.HttpCompletionOption completionOption, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x0000c] in :0
      at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.GetAsync (System.Uri requestUri, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in :0
      at Q42.HueApi.HttpBridgeLocator.LocateBridgesAsync (System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00018] in :0
      at Q42.HueApi.BridgeLocator.LocateBridgesAsync (System.TimeSpan timeout) [0x000a4] in :0
      at HSPI_PhilipsHue.AddBridgePage.PostBackProc (System.String data, System.String user, System.Int32 userRights) [0x00080] in :0
      at HSPI_PhilipsHue.Controller.PostBackProc (System.String page, System.String data, System.String user, System.Int32 userRights) [0x00038] in :0

Comment

what version of mono do you run?
        how have you installed mono?
        install the mono-complete package if you haven't done it already:

Code:
        sudo apt-get install mono-complete
        then restart HS4

it that still doesn't work, try to delete System.Net.Http.dll from bin/PhilipsHue, then restart the plugin.

Comment

Mono was installed with the O/S. (Pie). Version 5.18.0.240+dfsg-3

Comment

After removing the file. Received error message could not set parent class q42.HueApi.BridgeLocator as system.Net.http could not be loaded

Comment

Originally posted by JoelWener View Post
              Mono was installed with the O/S. (Pie). Version 5.18.0.240+dfsg-3
              did you try this:

Code:

sudo apt-get install mono-complete
              then restart HS4

it that still doesn't work, try to delete System.Net.Http.dll from bin/PhilipsHue, then restart the plugin.

Comment

Hi,. Yes mono-complete is installed, I had previously executed the command.

Comment

I would just like to mention that I am currently running .13 of the plug-in, and HS4 Beta 4.0.4.0 as it has changed from the original post.

As per above, I have tried everything you have asked to no avail.

Regards
                  Joel

Comment

Is there anything else ?

Comment

I think you are running into this bug: https://github.com/dotnet/runtime/issues/21777

The solution is to update to mono 6, I have mono 6.8 and I don't see this error

If you can't update mono or don't know how to do it, the possible workaround is to use System.Net.Http.dll from mono and not the one installed in bin/PhilipsHue, that's why I tried when I made you delete this file in bin/PhilipsHue, but I don't know why it's not working for you so please do the following:

run the following command to find if the mono dll is installed on your system:
                      Code:
                      ls /usr/lib/mono/gac/System.Net.http
                      then instead of starting the plugin from the web interface, please start it from the command line using the following command:
                      Code:
                       sudo MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug mono HSPI_PhilipsHue.exe | grep System.Net.Http
                      then post what you get in the console when you try to add a bridge

Comment

I have same issue and my mono version is following

root@krunal-MintOS:/home/krunal# mono --version
                        Mono JIT compiler version 4.6.2 (Debian 4.6.2.7+dfsg-1ubuntu1)

when I run sudo apt-get install mono-complete it says I already have latest version so how can I upgrade to mono 6 ?

Comment

Originally posted by nkle004 View Post

when I run sudo apt-get install mono-complete it says I already have latest version so how can I upgrade to mono 6 ?
                          I'm going to fix the plugin so that it can run without upgrading mono. Stay tuned

Comment

Originally posted by nkle004 View Post

I fixed the problem in PhilipsHue beta 4.0.14.
                            However for the fix to work, you might need to delete bin/PhilipsHue directory before installing the new version.

Comment

Hi Spud,
                              I installed a new version after deleting existing bin/PhilipsHue but still getting the same error

Regards.

Comment

Working...
                              X