Cycle LED light strip colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cycle LED light strip colors

Hi gang, I have been using LED light strips for some time with HS for things like under counter lighting etc. and controlling them through either Fibaro RGBW controllers or the newer ZOOZ controllers. What I am looking at doing now is putting an RGBW strip on the backside of my projector screen and I would like to trigger it to come on and cycle colors while I have movies paused.

My question is this: Does anyone know how to leverage an event in HS to turn on the LED strip and then have it set to cycle the colors on a repeating basis? I think it would look cool with the colors cycling as a back-light behind the screen.

While not what you asked, there is the WLED that is very popular for special effects using LED strips. LED strips come in the lower cost R, G, and B channels or in the more flexible but higher cost digital NeoPixel where all that is needed is a single data line. Looks like you have the individual channel ones. The Shelly RGBW2 is a good choice to host WLED. For the Neopixel a microcontroller such as ESP8266 or ESP32 . Wemos D1 mini and NodeMCU are popular hosts in this configuration.

I believe the difficulty you may have is the transition between colors. It all you want to do it show green for awhile then change to red, etc then HS events are not too difficult. If you want gradual fading then it should be done in the LED controller. I do not know if the Fibaro or ZOOZ have this capability. Other users that have these have chimed in on other threads so hopefully will see this one and provide first hand guidance.

Comment

Working...
    X