Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for RGBGenie LED controller

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking at the RGB LED controller from RGBGenie, and someone on Reddit said they were having issues getting it to work with HS3.
    Wondering if anyone here has got one or more of these, and how successful you were getting them working?

I know there are a few other options for zwave controllers, but the really nice thing about these are the wallplate controls.

Thanks for any input.

I am looking at one of these as well - by chance, did you try it with homeseer? Thanks!

Comment

I no experience with their controller, but I have used their RGBGenie remote which is a Zigbee device. I integrated it with HS using mcsMQTT and zigbee2mqtt. The Zigbee usb dongle is the $10 one developed by TI and cloned in China that I have been sending to those who want a low cost way to integrate Zigbee with HS.

For LED controller I go the WiFi route and WLED for maximum capability. For just the basics there are several WiFi solutions with Shelly RGB2 being a good off-the-shelf option. McsMQTT also integrates with it using factory firmware. It will also support WLED, but if you are going to install WLED then other ESP8266 or ESP32 hosts will be lower cost.

Comment

Working...
      X