Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a WIND sensor... any tips..

I have z-wave, 433 mhz and Conbee...

I need a wind sensor that report often.. like every 5 min..

I have tried Z-weather, but that sensor update maybe 4-6 times a day.. totaly useless..

Any tips for a wind sensor ?

Have you looked at an InSpeed anemometer? It is simply a switch that closes every time the cups go around in a revolution (Actually counts twice for every revolution)
    I have connected this to an ESP8266 (or a ESP32). This then can send a MQTT message, which can be put into HomeSeer with the mcsMQTT plugin. This is similar to what I do with temperature and humidity sensors.

Bruce

PS This can report as often as you program it to.

Comment

Originally posted by dbvanb View Post
      Have you looked at an InSpeed anemometer? It is simply a switch that closes every time the cups go around in a revolution (Actually counts twice for every revolution)
      I have connected this to an ESP8266 (or a ESP32). This then can send a MQTT message, which can be put into HomeSeer with the mcsMQTT plugin. This is similar to what I do with temperature and humidity sensors.

Bruce

PS This can report as often as you program it to.
      Want someting that is plug and play Like a Oregon sensor

Comment

Originally posted by fjaeran View Post

Seems like you answered your own question. The 433Mhz Oregon Scientific WGR800 is supported by the RFXCom plugin.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

There is also the SDR and 433 SDR decoder. A lot of solutions with this environment and at a low price point for the USB SDR interface hardware. More DIY than RFXCOM so it depends upon you interest and criteria. I also have Sonoff 433MHz/WiFi bridge with MQTT flashed, but no OS sensors to assess the decoding. In general it has worked well, but I would consider it more of a tool than a shrink wrap solution for everything that uses the 433 band.

Comment

Originally posted by fjaeran View Post

The problem is to buy the Oregon wind sensor.. The wind sensor is discontinued.

But yesterday a ordered a Oregon Weatherstation with the wind sensor included. So I hope that sensor works..

I have tried a TFA weatherstaion that use 433, but didt find any signal with RFXtrx (tried diffrent FW). So I will retur it to the shop (they have good return policy)

Comment

Working...
            X