Losing IR Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing IR Codes

When we record an IR code for a device the command name turns red. If we close the program and reopen, the command name is no longer red and does not flash the emitter. The learning process has been working fine, but we seem to have hit some kind of limit that won't let us go any further. After a certain point when entering codes, we have not been able to get the memorized codes to stay in the program. Thanks Jurgis.

What IR harware are you using?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Global cache GC IRL Learner. We are pretty sure that the learner is not the problem. The Homeseer is learning the commands but will not be saved if program is shut down. It did save the first few we put in, but now it won't permanently save them.

Comment

Jurgis,

That is a supported plug-in, so please open a helpdesk ticket so I can look into it.

Are you using HomeSeer's Windows UI to learn the codes or the Web page?

FYI... The codes are stored in the GlobalCacheIR.dat file in the config directory. Although I don't recommend editing the file directly to add codes unless you really understand the format, you can nonetheless open it up in notepad just to see if the codes are in that file so that you can tell me if it appears to be a problem with the plug-in reading that file or a problem storing the codes.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Dear Mr. Tinker,

I have submitted a help ticket on the help desk as you suggested. It includes my findings as per your request. In short the codes are being recorded but are not being read after a certain number of codes.

Thanks,
          jurgis

Comment

Working...
          X