Battery Door/Window Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Door/Window Switch

I am looking for a battery-powered door/window switch that also has wired terminals for an external switch or a proper set up on my current switchs?
    I have wadwaz-1 & monorice 15270. They have paired correctly and function with the magnets but do not function with a wired switch attached?
    I have a number of these in my Vera Plus system. I have demo & now own a HS3 Pro system and have been changing over from the Vera. This is the only device that I have not been able to get working correctly on HS3?

In other news, I can not believe how simple, quick & fast this system has been so far. The Device Inclusion process has been a breeze compared to what I would have to go thru with the Vera Plus? Events set up is coming along better then I thought it would so far?

Rodger

Welcome to the HS3 world! I too switched from Vera and couldn't be happier.

I was looking for the cheapest contact switch I could find on Amazon for 2 reasons: 1) this is a temporary setup, and 2) easy returns if it didn't work.

I bought 8 of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

HS inclusion was a breeze and they all worked as expected out of the box. They were installed May 2018. At the 1 year point, I replaced the batteries in the door switches as a precaution because they're used multiple times a day.

As I write this, I have yet to replace the window switch batteries. They are still working (I've tested them monthly).

Comment

Originally posted by Rodger3876 View Post
      I am looking for a battery-powered door/window switch that also has wired terminals for an external switch or a proper set up on my current switchs?
      I have wadwaz-1 & monorice 15270. They have paired correctly and function with the magnets but do not function with a wired switch attached?
      I have a number of these in my Vera Plus system. I have demo & now own a HS3 Pro system and have been changing over from the Vera. This is the only device that I have not been able to get working correctly on HS3?

In other news, I can not believe how simple, quick & fast this system has been so far. The Device Inclusion process has been a breeze compared to what I would have to go thru with the Vera Plus? Events set up is coming along better then I thought it would so far?

Rodger
      I have the Monoprice 15270 sensor working fine with an external contact set. Do you have parameter 1 set correctly for the external contacts? It should be set to 255. You can use the Z-wave tab and set command with a blank entry to read the current parameter setting. You'll need to wake the sensor to read it.

Comment

I have these and they work great. I use one on the mailbox and it works all the time.

https://www.amazon.com/Z-Wave-Magnet...%2C185&sr=1-10

Comment

I am evaluating the new Aeotec Door and Window "7" that has both magnetic and contacts sensors. It's by far the smallest unit and seems to work well. I've had them installed about 7-8 months so far and they have been perfect. They use a new (to me) battery that is a 1/2AA lithium which contributes to the small size. I want to see at least a 1 year battery life before I'm 100% "in", but looks promising so far.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PDDX3K6...language=en_US

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post

I have the Monoprice 15270 sensor working fine with an external contact set. Do you have parameter 1 set correctly for the external contacts? It should be set to 255. You can use the Z-wave tab and set command with a blank entry to read the current parameter setting. You'll need to wake the sensor to read it.
            That did the trick Thanks for the great info. I searched High & Low for that setting. Nothing was stated in the user manual? Can I asked how you come across this info?
            Thanks again for the help

Rodger

Comment

Originally posted by Rodger3876 View Post

That did the trick Thanks for the great info. I searched High & Low for that setting. Nothing was stated in the user manual? Can I asked how you come across this info?
              Thanks again for the help

Rodger
              The Monoprice device is actually a Vision ZD2102US-5 sensor. This detail is in the Vision manual for that device.

Comment

Working...
              X