Setting Fibaro Device Associations on HS3 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Fibaro Device Associations on HS3 pro

I have seen several threads that discuss this topic, which often end indecisively. I am posting this to share what has worked for me after considerable fussing around.

When I switched to the plugin interface software 3.0.2.0, many of my Fibaro devices stopped reporting back to HS3. Ultimately, I had to tinker with the associations to get things to work. Here are my results, I hope others can benefit.

Notes:
    • To change associations: Device management screen in the web interface > select device name > click > z-Wave tab > Pulldown Associations under Functions.
    • Advice given elsewhere in the forum is to delete all the associations that you don't want. Some say all of them. Use update button to verify at each stage. Re-enter any that you wish to retain.
    • The older Fibaro's seem to be alright with their default settings, but the newer "2" devices seem to need attention to this issue.
    • There is information about endpoints under the "Endpoint Note" button pictured below. I initially missed this bit of help. I did not find it useful, but others may.
    • I am not otherwise using associations, but am using devices to trigger double-clicks and other functions. If the event is set to detect "set or change", then two event reactions are triggered by a single momentary click on the devise's wall switch. This usually does no harm, but if one is triggering software script calls, they are triggered (called) twice for each momentary click.
    • I have started a new thread because I could not find one that searched on "fibaro" and "association". If someone wants to move this to a more appropriate place I am happy to have it so.
    • I don't know much about all this, but I thought some examples of what actually worked at least in one installation might be of value. I hope that I have not broken forum protocol as I am not much experienced.

Fgs-221 and Fgs-222 Double relay switches:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fsg221.jpg Views:	19 Size:	66.8 KB ID:	1382429

Dimmer 1 fgd211: does not seem to matter what is in the associations: This was the default that worked, and was never changed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fdg211.jpg Views:	9 Size:	31.5 KB ID:	1382430

Dimmer 2 fgd212. This one did not work correctly until these associations were established.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fdg212.jpg Views:	9 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	1382431
Working...
X