Z-Net Ethernet into Zee S2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Net Ethernet into Zee S2...

This might sound strange but I purchased a Z-Net Hub from HomeSeer a couple years ago. I now have a Z-Wave USB Stick on my current Win 10 HS3 Setup.

The Z-Net Ethernet is basically a Raspberry Pi3 with a Z-Wave Radio Board on it.

I installed HS3 Pi3 onto a new SD card and put it into the old Z-Net Pi. Everything started up just fine and I now can get to the HS3 GUI on the Pi.

My question is, how can I get the Internal Z-Wave board to be seen and work. When I go to Z-Wave and try to add the "Internal" and select the only option of "dev/ttyAMA0", it says there is an error and it cant start.

I have also tried all the other options with no luck.

When I look at the HS3 Logs, I see the following:
    Z-Wave Z-Wave Hub: Getting node information from controller...
    Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting
    Is the Z-Wave board somehow using the Ethernet for its connection and not connected internally like one would think if its a completely new SD Card with only HS3 Pi installed on it. Doesn't the board get its configuration from the installed OS/SD Card?

Thanks for any assistance.

You probably need to make a couple of changes to OS files.

In the file /boot/config.txt, add the following to the end

Code:
    # disable bluetooth function and restore serial0/ttyAMA0 over GPIO 14&15
    dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
    In the file /boot/cmdline.txt, edit the line to remove the highlighted clause
    Code:
    dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 [COLOR=#FF0000]console=serial0,115200[/COLOR] console=tty1 root=PARTUUID=786c41b8-
    02 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait
    /dev/ttyAMA0 is the correct selection.

Comment

That did the trick! Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X