Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make Homeseer simulate pressens based on past on/off events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make Homeseer simulate pressens based on past on/off events?

Hi All.

I own a semi smarthome solution, that records alle on/off events of outlets controlling lights. It will record one week and then start to write over day after day. When I activate home simulation, it will start to "playback" what happened with my light last week, starting from the time I activate home simulation. This is very effective and I would like to be able to do the same using Homeseer and Z-Wave modules. I'm very new to homeseer still and have no clue how to get startet with figurering this one out, I hope You guys can help me out?

Thanks in advance. :-)

I record temperatures from all my sensors and plot. I keep the data for 40 days and trim at midnight each day forward. I am on linux and utilize multiple system tools like perl, shell scripts, sort and gnuplot to accomplish. You would write (using a script) the data to file probably using refid and change (on/off). You would then need a second script to read and replay the file. I don't know what your technical level is but I can share the files if you are interested in pursuing. You would need to use capi to do the replay. The scripts would be controlled by an event in HS.

Hope this helps

Comment

Fixed multiple taps controlling the load (multiple taps should not control the load) | Modified parameter 5 to specify the lowest dim level the dimmer will provide (6.5% -> 20%) (Values are 1-14) | Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.1.249 required in order to set the lowest dim level parameter from the device Z-Wave settings
      Note: When updating to this firmware the node ID of the switch will be lost. This was an unfortunate consequence of adding the group 2 association feature. You will need to add the switch back into your network. After adding the switch back in, click on the old device then Z-Wave tab, then “Remove Bad Node” to remove the node from the Z-Wave interface. If it fails, do a connectivity check, then remove.
      Careful: Be sure to install this dimmer firmware on the HS-WD200+ dimmer. If you install it on any other device, it may render that device inoperable.

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
        You would write (using a script) the data to file probably using refid and change (on/off). You would then need a second script to read and replay the file. I don't know what your technical level is but I can share the files if you are interested in pursuing. You would need to use capi to do the replay. The scripts would be controlled by an event in HS.

Hope this helps
        My skill level is... Well not enough right now, but I'm willing to learn. :-)
        Your post helps as I now know there is a way, but more help is much appreciated. 🙏 I have questions:
        1. The first script writing the data to file, would that be running in HS3/4, exporting the data to some sort of XML file?
        2. That 2. script would that also be running in HS3/4 or would it perhaps be a plugin?
        3. could you share a few pictures of how you control scrips using events?

Comment

Working...
        X