Homeseer Not Logging Switch Actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Not Logging Switch Actions

Hoping someone has insights on this problem and would be kind enough to share them... have a light switch in my pantry that i can control from homeseer (web or mobile), but when I turn the switch on or off manually, the actions don't show up in the log (even though the light turns on and off). Have a timer set up for the light to shut it off, but it never starts to run because homeseer doesn't seem to know that the switch was turned on. Is there any chance anyone has any thoughts on why this might be happening and how to solve it?

Thanks,
    Orrin

What kind of switch are you using. Some switches do not report their status.
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Thanks Rupp. Its a cooper aspire on/off switch. No dimmer. All the other similar switches in the house report their status when they are pressed.

Comment

Is this switch farther away from your Z-Wave interface than others? What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
        πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Click on the devices 'status' then the 'Z-Wave' tab and see if that switch has an association to HomeSeer as shown in the screen shot below.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	association.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1384360
          --------------------------------------------------
          **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Just updated the z-wave plugin to 3.0.2.0, but that didn't change anything. The switch is within 6 ft of 8 other cooper aspire switches.

The device is associated with homeseer, but there is no association group listed.

Comment

Originally posted by homenewbie78 View Post
              Just updated the z-wave plugin to 3.0.2.0, but that didn't change anything. The switch is within 6 ft of 8 other cooper aspire switches.

The device is associated with homeseer, but there is no association group listed.

Can you provide a screen shot with the association arrow expanded like I did in my above post?

Comment

No problem. Screenshot attached.

Comment

When I look at other switches that are working normally and registering in the log when they are triggered, they don't have any associations with Homeseer like that switch does.

Comment

For reference we have just over 200 devices in the house that are being controlled by homeseer. Almost all of them are light switches and outlets.

Comment

I'm far from an expert in HomeSeer, but I believe you need to click on that 'Add Association' button... Maybe others will chime in to see if my assessment is accurate.

Comment

I clicked on "add association" and now it works. Not sure how other switches are working fine without that affiliation, but this did the trick. Thanks!!

Comment

Hardware Installation
                          1. Unpack the HomeTroller Zee, Ethernet cable and AC power supply.
                          2. Connect the Ethernet cable to your HomeTroller Zee and to a network port on your internet router.
                          3. Connect the AC power adapter to your HomeTroller Zee to begin the boot process. Allow the unit to boot fully
                          (about 45 seconds to 1 minute).
                          Accessing the Web Interface
                          Once the unit boots, you’ll need to access the
                          web interface to set the system up. The method
                          below should work with any web-enabled device.
                          We recommend using Google Chrome
                          1. Navigate to http://find.homeseer.com
                          2. Click the β€œSearch” button. Your
                          HomeSeer system should now appear at the bottom.
                          3. Click the IP address hyperlink to access your system’s web interface.

Comment

Working...
                          X