Startup file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Startup file

After updating to 1.7 HomeSeer automatically loads 'sample.xml' as the startup configuration. Prior to the update I had it automatically loading a different file name. This sounds real simple, what am I missing? Is there someplace to designate the start up file?

What are .hdv files? versus the .xml files? I have a sample.hdv file in the homeseer directory and a sample.xml file in the homeseer/config directory.

John,
    All you need to do is go to the HS GUI and select file open and open up the old file you were using.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, Thanks for looking at my problem.

Yes I can go the GUI and load my file. However next time I launch HS its back to the sample file. I want it to use my file automatically each time HS starts up.

Comment

It should then start to use your new one from that point on. Try hitting 'save' after opening your correct one.

Also, come-to-think-of-it, there was some change from 1.6 to 1.7 where is saved the xml file differently. I would check your startup.txt file to make sure that it's not loading the 'sample' file.
        Last edited by JeffCharger; November 14, 2004, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Jeff,

It looks like my old file is a .hdv type. HS is happy to load it but will not change it to the new .xml format. Also will not automatically load the .hdv on startup.

I created a new file with a new name. This one is saved with the .xml format and it does get loaded on launch.

Problem is that I want to get my old configuration into the .xml format. I would hate to have to manually enter the devices, events, etc.

Any more ideas? Does HS have a file converter from .hdv to .xml? What triggers the conversion?

I could not find a startup.txt fule, there is a settings.txt file but I do not see anything related to startup files.

Comment

success

I knew this would be simple.

Just needed to add the .xml extension when manually saving the file. This apparantly triggers then conversion process from .hdv to .xml.

Comment

glad you got it sorted out.

Comment

Working...
              X