Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Homeseer, need help with light groups PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry forgot to attach images to my previous post with Wade. Wade

Comment

Originally posted by gotcl2 View Post

I Guess I'm trying to figure out which options to use in Events. Do I want IF "A Device's Value is..." and the what do I choose from the drop down? (List options attached)

In regards to Lux (or the value you want) if I wanted to get a reference point, so If I pulled the value from what my station says right now, am I looking at the "Value" number? And then thats what I would put in based on what option I need to pick from the drop down menu? (To further clarify, I'm just trying to figure out when looking at values for events, I should be able to go into any device and look at the Value number, thats what I'm really trying to get at here.)

Presumably something like this: IF "This device had its value set and is less than" "Ambient Weather Illuminance" is less than "A custom value of" "1000" SO this should be my trigger, right? If the weather station detects an illuminance level of less than 1000 THEN... turn lights on or whatever. I may have just answered my own question, BUT want to make sure my logic makes sense.
      You've pretty much got it. Yes, the value on the advanced tab is the current value. It may get stale without a screen refresh (or it may auto-update, I'm not sure) but when you open that tab, it's current.

Something else to think about is "debouncing". I.e., your event may run multiple times in short succession if conditions cause the light level to hover around your chosen threshold. One way would be to set the event advanced option "Cannot Rerun For" and set the time to an appropriate value. And going another level deeper, if you have second event that turns lights off at a certain lux threshold, you'll want the "off" threshold to be some amount higher than your "on" threshold. This creates a "deadband" wherein neither event triggers. This also helps with debouncing--preventing the lights cycling on/off/on quickly. You'll need to experiment to come up with the best values.
      -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

You've pretty much got it. Yes, the value on the advanced tab is the current value. It may get stale without a screen refresh (or it may auto-update, I'm not sure) but when you open that tab, it's current.

Something else to think about is "debouncing". I.e., your event may run multiple times in short succession if conditions cause the light level to hover around your chosen threshold. One way would be to set the event advanced option "Cannot Rerun For" and set the time to an appropriate value. And going another level deeper, if you have second event that turns lights off at a certain lux threshold, you'll want the "off" threshold to be some amount higher than your "on" threshold. This creates a "deadband" wherein neither event triggers. This also helps with debouncing--preventing the lights cycling on/off/on quickly. You'll need to experiment to come up with the best values.
        Very helpful, thank you my friend! The more I play around, the more I am liking the system.

Comment

Working...
        X