HSP Script Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSP Script Problem.

I have, what seems like a strange problem with the simple script below. This script was written to forward my calls to my cell phone when I left the house. Pretty simple. It dials the number, then dials some pre-set strings with some delays.

I have two problems. First, HS complains that the hsp.LINESendTones function shouldn't have parentheses. If I remove them, it seems to work. Strange.

The second problem is that the script doesn't work. The phone dials the number fine, and I the forwarding service answers, but the tones following don't seem to be accepted and are ignored by the forwarding service. The hsp.LINEDial does return a "3" without a problem. Anyone see the problem? (I changed the PIN and number to protect the innocent.)

Thanks in advance.

sub main()

PhoneStatus = hsp.LINEDial(1,"*78",False,False)

if PhoneStatus = 3 then
    hsp.WaitMS(2000)
    hsp.LINESendTones 1,"1234#",400
    hsp.WaitMS(1000)
    hsp.LINESendTones 1,"11",400
    hsp.WaitMS(4000)
    hsp.LINESendTones 1,"8585551212",400
    hsp.WaitMS(3000)
    hsp.LINEHangup(1)
    else
    hsp.LineHangup(1)
    end if

end sub

Try taking off the parens from the WaitMS like
    hsp.WaitMS 1000
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I tried it without parens on the hsp.WaitMS, and no difference. It doen't seem to care if that has parens or not. On the hsp.LINESendTone, it definitly doesn't like it with parens.

~!~Error~!~Script error in file: CallForward.txt: 1044:Cannot use parentheses when calling a Sub in line 9

I should also note that I'm using Way2Call.
      Last edited by ; November 15, 2004, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Update:

I got the script running fine, but still no luck getting it to work. The problem appears to be that the Way2Call is very noisey in generating tones. I changed the number so that it called my cell phone instead of the forwarding number. There were clicks and static, and it appears that the "#" isn't generated correctly, or is just poorly done.

Anyone else dial out with the Way2Call and have it actually send out clean tones?

Comment

I use my Way2Call for outbound dialing all the time, I have an occasional glitch with missing digits, but that is related to my VOIP modem. Are you sure it is connected correctly? What you described sounds like connection/cable issues.

Comment

I've been using it over a year, and haven't had any problems, at least after the software and drivers got fixed. In fact, I've never really had the sound quality issues others have. Mine has sounded good. But this is the first time I'm using outbound tones. I'll play around with it some more.

Perhaps I could send the commands directly to the Way2Call. I see there is a function for that. Anyone know where I can find the commands? It appears that it doesn't support AT commands.

Comment

Working...
            X