Need help with lights and illuminance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with lights and illuminance

I have some undercabinet lights that I want to come on when it is below a certain Lux and go off and be off if it is higher than a certain Lux. I have it working except that it will go on and off too much when it is hovering around the lux for determining the lights to go on and off. I have set a "Cannot run for 30 minutues" option in the Events but it doesn't seem to work. It will go off or on when it updates the lux again. Here are my events. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lights ON.png
Views:	80
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	1385132

Name:	Lights Offpng.png
Views:	74
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	1385133

You might want to create a deadband. I.e., lights off when lux < 40 and lights on when lux > 45. You'll need to experiment to see what values work best.
    -Wade

Comment

Does the undercabinet lighting influence the hall light sensor? This could force the off right after it goes on. You may be able to determine what deadband you require by looking at this influence. Or you can adjust the brightness to some lower value.

Comment

Not sure I understand a deadband? The only thing I use the Hall sensor for in this event is the illuminance reading.

Comment

Instead of using <40 for on and >40 for off, which creates a dead band of 40, make a larger band, say <35 for on and >45 for off creating a dead band of 35 to 45. Nothing will happen in the "dead band."
          HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
          Home Assistant 2024.3
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
          Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
          Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
          WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Ok I will try this. How come the “Cannot run for 30 minutes” doesn’t work? I figured if I kept it from running for 30 minutes the illuminance would have changed or not and at least the lights wouldn’t keep going off and on.

Comment

If it is on and lux changes to 41 then the bulb will go off even if the lux increase is from the light turning on. It can go on again after the 30 minutes.

Are the lights flashing on and off and then on again in under 30 minutes?

Another way to wait is to pause the event with a wait statement and see if you get any difference in behavior.

You could also put another andif for the trigger - the light has been on or off for at least 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
                Ok I will try this. How come the “Cannot run for 30 minutes” doesn’t work? I figured if I kept it from running for 30 minutes the illuminance would have changed or not and at least the lights wouldn’t keep going off and on.
                To make that work they way you want it to, you would have to add some conditions.

For the event that turns the lights on, add AND IF light has been off for at least 30 minutes.
                For the event that turns the lights off, add AND IF light has been on for at least 30 minutes.
                "light" is the device that turns the lights on and off, not the sensor.

Comment

Thanks, that is probably what I have been missing in the event. I will give that a try. So what does the "Cannonot run" Option do then?

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
                    Are the lights flashing on and off and then on again in under 30 minutes?
                    No, the lights just go on and then about 5 minutes later they go off and then about 5 minutes later they go on. Obviously this is happening as the motion sensor updates its illuminance reading.

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
                      Thanks, that is probably what I have been missing in the event. I will give that a try. So what does the "Cannonot run" Option do then?
                      It keeps the event that you apply it do from triggering again for that amount of time, just like it says. You apply it to your on and off events, because you don't want them triggering too often. It works in that once the on triggers, it can't retrigger for 30 minutes, but that doesn't stop the off event from triggering 5 seconds after the on event, because these are two separate events.

Comment

Is the under-cabinet lighting on a dimmer, If you have Easy Trigger the andif for the light on would be

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-14 10-10-27.png
Views:	58
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1385517

if the under-cabinet lighting is on a binary switch then the andif would look something like this:

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-14 10-13-00.png
Views:	53
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1385518

When configured this way does the light go on and off every 5 minutes?

Comment

Working...
                        X