Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monoprice Z-Wave Plus RGBW Dimmer Controller Module for 12V/24V LED Light Strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine yesterday. I've done a little bench testing and while I can get each channel to turn on and off, I can't seem to control the level for each channel. No matter what I set the level to for a channel, I'm still getting 12V at the channel output. I would think the output would range from 0-12V based on the level of the channel.

Update: What I'm seeing is probably due to the fact that LED dimming uses either PWM (pulse width modulation) or analog dimming to control the led level. Off to get the o-scope out to investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
      Got mine yesterday. I've done a little bench testing and while I can get each channel to turn on and off, I can't seem to control the level for each channel. No matter what I set the level to for a channel, I'm still getting 12V at the channel output. I would think the output would range from 0-12V based on the level of the channel.
      Are you testing it under load? Have you verified that an LED or bulb doesn't dim? I would not really expect a variable voltage coming out. Instead, I would expect PWM coming out to vary the power going to the load, not so much the voltage.

Comment

Thanks joegr That's what I found as well. The PWM in the spec is 488Hz. I hadn't hooked up a load yet but now I have and it works fine. I can see the PWM signal on the o-scope. The variable voltage was based off of some testing I had done with the dimming module that came with the cabinet lighting kit. It's one of those modules that has a sense wire that connects to a hinge and you tap the hinge to control the on/off/dim level. That module varies the voltage to the LEDs.

Comment

What I thought should be simple isn't so simple.

Code:
          Public Sub Main(ByVal parms as Object)

Dim cab1 As HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControl = hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(2931, True, "What Goes Here", False, False)
          cab1.ControlValue = 127
          'Dim ccr As HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControlResponse = hs.CAPIControlHandler(cab1)

End Sub
          cab1.ControlValue = 127 throws an exception "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

What I can't figure out is what the "label" property should be for hs.CAPIGetSingleControl (See "What Goes Here" above)

Any help would be most appreciated.

Ken

Comment

Working...
          X