Device False Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device False Alarm

I have several devices that I check to make sure they are connected. An example is the Onkyo entertainment system which goes down for a second and it comes back up. One event check if is disconnected and the other if is connected. Is it possible to modify those events that only trigger if as an example the device was down for xx minutes.
    Attached Files

The way to do this in HS seems to drive some people over the edge, but it is quite simple to implement:

If this event will trigger every x minutes
    And If the device has been disconnected for at least y minutes.
    Then. . .

(An event with a recurring trigger and a condition does not do anything unless the condition is satisfied.)
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

My problem is on the re connect. The first event on disconnect works fine if I delay it, the issue is the other event does not know that it was only disconnected for few seconds and did not triggering. I hope I didn't confuse it more.

Thank you for the help with this

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
        My problem is on the re connect. The first event on disconnect works fine if I delay it, the issue is the other event does not know that it was only disconnected for few seconds and did not triggering.
        I'm not sure I understand, but it appears that you need to add a virtual device that changes state only for a real disconnect. Call it 'vOnkyo'.

Starting from my earlier suggestion, to register a disconnect:
        And If the device has been disconnected for at least y seconds.
        And If vOnkyo is On
        Then turn vOnkyo Off

To register a reconnect:
        And If the device has been connected for at least z seconds.
        And If vOnkyo is Off
        Then turn vOnkyo On

Use the status of vOnkyo to represent the connection status of the receiver.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I think what Uncle is suggesting is just ONE event to test "disconnected" for x seconds.

Comment

Working...
          X