Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Dictates A Battery Powered Device/Child?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Dictates A Battery Powered Device/Child?

When I look at any battery powered device on HomeSeer mobile on the dashboard, the battery icon has the percentage written in text alongside it.

A plugin I use (shill's Tesla plugin) has a battery child device, however HomeSeer mobile does not show the percentage alongside it.

Now, obviously that child is configured like any other battery child - but only in the sense that it has the relevant graphics/value range/etc that make it look like a battery device. Nothing I do, changing the device type or the exact name or anything, makes HomeSeer recognise that it as an actual battery.

Which therefore begs the question - what is it that makes HomeSeer recognise it as being an actual "battery" versus simply looking like one? I have compared the root object to a battery powered device too and can't find anything, but I am guessing that behind the scenes there must be some kind of flag that designates something as officially being "battery" powered?

Cheers 🍻

Actually here's a screenshot to demonstrate the visual difference between something HomeSeer is recognising has a "real" battery level, versus something that has a battery device but is merely seen as something that happens to have battery graphics and a percentage value but not recognised as an actual battery...

The percentage shown in the text is the workaround I've done, and would rather be showing other information there...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_188A8ECAC618-1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	1386107

Comment

So, it turns out HomeSeer does somehow officially identify a battery object - but it's not via the device type string or anything in the GUI, there is something behind the scenes dictating it. I tried messing about with making copies of the sqlite databases and hunting through the tables but couldn't work it out.

So I did a hack job... one hell of a hack job... but it worked

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.PNG
Views:	54
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1386420

Comment

Working...
      X