Getting Homeseer to Report Negative Home Energy Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Homeseer to Report Negative Home Energy Numbers

I saw of this topic discussed in other threads but there are no solutions. It seems that Homeseer is not built to be able to record negative number for energy flow with the Aeotec Gen 5 meter.

As I said, I have a Aeotec Gen5 meter and I have installed it correctly (at least according to the directions with the K-L directions) and I have setup the meter to report positive and negative wattage. I need positive and negative wattage because I have solar panels and I would like to know the direction of flow.

So, the meter works great when recording positive numbers. But, when the electric starts to flow into the negative, the meter reports 0. It still reports voltages and I see negative kWh values being written because the number is going down but it is reporting 0 for wattage and we'll see if the kWh can go negative as well. I am getting 0 for amperage as well.

Is this a bug within homeseer 3 that it cannot report negative power flow or am I doing something wrong?

Confirmed with support, negative energy values are not supported in the current version of HS3 as of this post. Asked to put this in as a feature request.

Comment

Any news on this that anyone knows of? Were negative numbers for energy values added to homeseers and/or the z-wave plugin?

Comment

Working...
      X