Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll What Garage Door Opener do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete
    replied
    Last home had two Liftmaster GDO's which were new installed new home. They worked well and I never had an issue with them. Home before last had a Sears Craftman GDO which worked fine for 30 years. I did connect them to the OmniPro 2 panel and Homeseer 2 with no issues.

Next home went to a Chamberlein (Liftmaster) with MyQ and have never utilized MyQ. One year after installation I had to replace the control board in it. That said I will never purchase a Chamberlein GDO again (must be a cheapo version of the Liftmaster).

My daughter just purchased her first new home (which was about 5 years old) and updated her GDO to a Chamberlein and had it professionally installed for $1000 which I objected to. She is learning though.

The above written you do not need myQ to integrate your garage door opener to Homeseer as any GDO has worked fine with Homeseer since the days of Homeseer 1. That and I am not wanting to have to depend on the cloud for my GDO. That is me.

Leave a comment:

• weslsew
    replied
    LiftMaster 8500 will change your life for the better

Leave a comment:

• AllHailJ
    replied
    MyQ is not a must to integrate into homeseer. I have two chamberlain openers that have been integrated into HS using MimoLite for over 5 years. It is absolutely seamless and no additional plugins required.

Leave a comment:

• devoir
    started a poll Poll What Garage Door Opener do you prefer?

Poll What Garage Door Opener do you prefer?

Craftsman
    0%
    Chamberlain
    15.38%
    Genie
    7.69%
    LiftMaster
    61.54%
    Sommer
    7.69%
    Skylink
    0%
    NEXX
    0%
    other
    7.69%

The poll is expired.

I thought I would start a Poll to see what folks used for their garage door openers.

I'm about to replace two very old lift-master Garage door openers in a house we just bought.

I was disappointed in my garage door openers at the last house they were loud chain driven Chamberlain. I added the MyQ Hub's they worked great and integrated into HomeSeer.

I would like for them to be quite, a friend has a Craftsman 1 HP and it's very quite. I like the way it slowed down just before it touches the ground. Do any other units slow down like this my Chamberlain slammed the door shut.

My shopping list 1 hp unit

Quite operation i think belt drive is quiter than chain
    MyQ is a must to integrate into Homeseer
    Wifi is plus
    battery backup not necessary a feature we have to have..... isn't that why a house has a front door?
    Amazon In-Garage Delivery not sure about that feature.....

I would appreciate your input, if you want to post you experience on the shopping list items that would be appreciated.

Devoir
    Last edited by devoir; May 22, 2020, 05:56 PM. Reason: checking to see if everyone can see the poll
Working...
X