Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll What Garage Door Opener do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll What Garage Door Opener do you prefer?

I thought I would start a Poll to see what folks used for their garage door openers.

I'm about to replace two very old lift-master Garage door openers in a house we just bought.

I was disappointed in my garage door openers at the last house they were loud chain driven Chamberlain. I added the MyQ Hub's they worked great and integrated into HomeSeer.

I would like for them to be quite, a friend has a Craftsman 1 HP and it's very quite. I like the way it slowed down just before it touches the ground. Do any other units slow down like this my Chamberlain slammed the door shut.

My shopping list 1 hp unit

Quite operation i think belt drive is quiter than chain
    MyQ is a must to integrate into Homeseer
    Wifi is plus
    battery backup not necessary a feature we have to have..... isn't that why a house has a front door?
    Amazon In-Garage Delivery not sure about that feature.....

I would appreciate your input, if you want to post you experience on the shopping list items that would be appreciated.

Devoir
    Craftsman
    0%
    Chamberlain
    15.38%
    Genie
    7.69%
    LiftMaster
    61.54%
    Sommer
    7.69%
    Skylink
    0%
    NEXX
    0%
    other
    7.69%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by devoir; May 22, 2020, 05:56 PM. Reason: checking to see if everyone can see the poll

MyQ is not a must to integrate into homeseer. I have two chamberlain openers that have been integrated into HS using MimoLite for over 5 years. It is absolutely seamless and no additional plugins required.

Comment

LiftMaster 8500 will change your life for the better

Comment

Last home had two Liftmaster GDO's which were new installed new home. They worked well and I never had an issue with them. Home before last had a Sears Craftman GDO which worked fine for 30 years. I did connect them to the OmniPro 2 panel and Homeseer 2 with no issues.

Next home went to a Chamberlein (Liftmaster) with MyQ and have never utilized MyQ. One year after installation I had to replace the control board in it. That said I will never purchase a Chamberlein GDO again (must be a cheapo version of the Liftmaster).

My daughter just purchased her first new home (which was about 5 years old) and updated her GDO to a Chamberlein and had it professionally installed for $1000 which I objected to. She is learning though.

The above written you do not need myQ to integrate your garage door opener to Homeseer as any GDO has worked fine with Homeseer since the days of Homeseer 1. That and I am not wanting to have to depend on the cloud for my GDO. That is me.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by weslsew View Post
          I 2nd that statement, they're a bit more expensive but well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by weslsew View Post
            Agree. This is probably as quiet as it gets. Direct drive, not belt or chain.
            -Wade

Comment

Originally had a JC Penny's that was replaced with a Sears after 8 years. 8 years later went with a Genie. It was too lite for a new garage door so went with a battery backed up Chamberlain about 7 years ago. It is quiet, reliable and twice has let us get out when the power has gone out. I did have to replace the battery after 5 years. Love it!

Comment

as of today 63% of the votes are for the lift master.....

Thanks for your input

Devoir

Comment

poll is closing soon I want to thank everyone who participated and guided me to the next solution...

Devoir

Attached Files

Comment

I have three had Liftmasters for years (over 19 now) and finally had a worm gear go out on my main door last year. Part on EBay was $12 took 30 minutes to replace, all good. I use a GoControl/Linear/ADT (all the same units) Zwave garage door opener so no plugin/WiFi HS includes then as a garage door opener, easily done. You can use MyHS, or HS Touch when away for control.

Comment

I am looking to update my garage door openers and I would like suggestions for ones that will integrate with HS. I looked at the Lifmaster but it seems rather expensive and I have to replace two. What is the best option?

Comment

We really like our Chamberlain 8500. It's not the cheapest but it is side mounted and good enough for a two car garage door. The reason we like it is because it is side mounted rather than overhead, it is very quiet and it has a lock. I bought a plugin for it but I think HS now supports it directly. I was kind of upset with Chamberlain because they were unwilling to open an interface and wanted to start charging for home integration but I believe they finally reconsidered this.

Comment

Do all the Chamberlains work with homeseer?

Comment

I believe all the Chamberlains with myQ are supported in HS.

Comment

Do you have to use the plugin?

Comment

Working...
                              X