Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll What Garage Door Opener do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    So, does Genie work with with a Nortek z-wave opener/closer?

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    To make a garage door opener quiet (Googled this)
    1. Replace your chain‑driven garage door opener with a direct drive one. Popular in the EU but not so much in the US.
    2. Replace your steel rollers with quieter nylon ones. (many of my neighbors have done this)
    3. Replace your extension spring system with torsion springs, space permitting. Torsion springs are installed above the top of the door and make a lot less noise. (thinking now a days most garage door utilize torsion springs).

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    You can add the MyQ system to most openers as well.
    https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Garage-...2934432&sr=8-6

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    Yes, you have to use the plugin. It should be included with HS4 Pro, though, unless you want to use the 3rd party plugin which was developed before HS did their own.

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    replied
    Do you have to use the plugin?

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    I believe all the Chamberlains with myQ are supported in HS.

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    replied
    Do all the Chamberlains work with homeseer?

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    We really like our Chamberlain 8500. It's not the cheapest but it is side mounted and good enough for a two car garage door. The reason we like it is because it is side mounted rather than overhead, it is very quiet and it has a lock. I bought a plugin for it but I think HS now supports it directly. I was kind of upset with Chamberlain because they were unwilling to open an interface and wanted to start charging for home integration but I believe they finally reconsidered this.

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    replied
    I am looking to update my garage door openers and I would like suggestions for ones that will integrate with HS. I looked at the Lifmaster but it seems rather expensive and I have to replace two. What is the best option?

Leave a comment:

• Bigstevep
    replied
    I have three had Liftmasters for years (over 19 now) and finally had a worm gear go out on my main door last year. Part on EBay was $12 took 30 minutes to replace, all good. I use a GoControl/Linear/ADT (all the same units) Zwave garage door opener so no plugin/WiFi HS includes then as a garage door opener, easily done. You can use MyHS, or HS Touch when away for control.

Leave a comment:

• devoir
    replied
    poll is closing soon I want to thank everyone who participated and guided me to the next solution...

Devoir

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• devoir
    replied
    as of today 63% of the votes are for the lift master.....

Thanks for your input

Devoir

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    replied
    Originally had a JC Penny's that was replaced with a Sears after 8 years. 8 years later went with a Genie. It was too lite for a new garage door so went with a battery backed up Chamberlain about 7 years ago. It is quiet, reliable and twice has let us get out when the power has gone out. I did have to replace the battery after 5 years. Love it!

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Originally posted by weslsew View Post
    LiftMaster 8500 will change your life for the better
    Agree. This is probably as quiet as it gets. Direct drive, not belt or chain.

Leave a comment:

• mr.Magoo
    replied
    Originally posted by weslsew View Post
    LiftMaster 8500 will change your life for the better
    I 2nd that statement, they're a bit more expensive but well worth it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X