Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermostat Setpoint status parameters. What each means?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat Setpoint status parameters. What each means?

Hi all

Can someone please help me out explaining the Thermostat Setpoint status parameter or point me to the guide? I have been looking all over but now luck. I am new to this... I am trying to configure the ZXT-600 AC master.
    Prefix:
    Suffix:
    Dec Places:
    Include Values
    Has Additional Data
    Has Scale:
    Value Offset:

YouElz

I am not quite sure what you are asking for but the setpoint is to set the target temperature. The setpoint is handling both the heating setpoint and cooling setpoint. My thermostat has 3 setpoints, heating setpoint, cooling setpoint and setpoint.

Comment

Thank you for the reply mulu.

I was not sure about these parameters purpose and description in homeseer Cooling Setpoint: (diagram provided below for illustration)

Prefix:
      Suffix:
      Dec Places:
      Include Values
      Has Additional Data
      Has Scale:
      Value Offset:

Click image for larger version

Name:	setpoint.png
Views:	292
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1388237

Comment

Ah, I get it now. When you go to the HS web portal you will see a menu to display devices. One of the columns shows the current value. Let's assume it's 20 degrees and let's assume you set your prefix to MyPrefix and Suffix to MySuffix. Then the value displayed under devices will be "MyPrefix 20 MySuffix". Obviously, that doesn't make any sense here. Instead, you probably want to leave Prefix empty and set Suffix to for instance " Celcius". The setpoint probably only allows full/integer numbers and not decimal numbers. Hence, leave Dec Places at 0. Control Type is how the available values (18-30) are being displayed (as text, as a drop down list, etc). Control Use defines what this device is doing, in this case defining the cool setpoint of a thermostat. There should be a help button on that page that explains the other items on that page.

Comment

Thank you. This explains it.

I tried all over the help file and did not find any resources/references to the parameters. Maybe someone can point it out. I still need clarifications on the flags please:

Include Values
          Has Additional Data
          Has Scale

Comment

Here is my Thermostats Heating Set Point--maybe this will help:

Comment

Working...
            X