Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Knows What’s Happening With Hubitat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Knows What’s Happening With Hubitat?

So I’ve been using Hubitat to grab my devices and pull it into HS with the great mcsHubitat plugin but guess what there aren’t any HT hubs for sale anywhere. I wanted to pick up a couple more but everyone is out of stock. On their site they have about 5 variations for the different regional areas but out of stock. They are nowhere to be had. So my question is what do you all think?

1. Maybe they get them from China (probably) and they are on a boat somewhere
    2. They ran out of stock to get ready for a release of a new more powerful version (hopefully)
    3. HS bought them (God No!)

Any other ideas?

BTY you have a couple you don’t need or like let me know! Haha

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
    So I’ve been using Hubitat to grab my devices and pull it into HS with the great mcsHubitat plugin but guess what there aren’t any HT hubs for sale anywhere. I wanted to pick up a couple more but everyone is out of stock. On their site they have about 5 variations for the different regional areas but out of stock. They are nowhere to be had. So my question is what do you all think?

2. They ran out of stock to get ready for a release of a new more powerful version (hopefully)

Any other ideas?

First why ask here you should read the notice posted on the Hubitat site. They have already posted about the shortage and what's going on. But to answer you

1. They sold out. Yes sold out! that's how many Wink users are converting to Hubitat
    2. Yes the hardware is all from China like most. All China shipping is very delayed.
    3. Yes there's a new version of the hub in development. No it's not ready for release but they never announce things early or give dates that may slip like others do...

If you're in need of a hub I probably have a spare development C5 around the office.... PM me if interested and I'll look for it.

Comment

Was on their site and didn’t see it. Posted here to find some spares!👍👍

Comment

Was on their site and didn’t see it. Posted here to find some spares!👍👍
        I got the PM.

Here you go...straight from them on what's happening.
        https://community.hubitat.com/t/hubitat-elevation-temporarily-out-of-stock/41975

Comment

Any other ideas?

Curious how you plan to use the additional hubs. Is it to provide coverage over a large area the way folks use additional Z-Nets, or is there some other application for multiple hubs?

Comment

Yes I use them like ZNets for large areas. Since they can do ZWave and Zigbee if I need both protocols in an area or if I'm having an issue with the mesh for either one I use another Hubitat hub now instead of just adding repeaters I don't need. There are alot of other things they can do as well.

Comment

Yes I use them like ZNets for large areas. Since they can do ZWave and Zigbee if I need both protocols in an area or if I'm having an issue with the mesh for either one I use another Hubitat hub now instead of just adding repeaters I don't need. There are alot of other things they can do as well.
              Including more device support, and community driver support.

Comment

Do they support PoE?
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Yes just use a pigtail adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                    Do they support PoE?
                    No. The hub is powered via standard 5v micro USB. I and many use POE splitters to power the hub.

Comment

Does Hubitat support all of the features of the HS-WD200+ switches? Does everything configure the same as it does with a Z-Net or do you have to jump back and forth between Homeseer and Hubitat to configure things like LED color changes from within an event?

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

No. The hub is powered via standard 5v micro USB. I and many use POE splitters to power the hub.
                        Ha Ha! That's what I meant (POE splitters) with the pigtail.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                          Does Hubitat support all of the features of the HS-WD200+ switches? Does everything configure the same as it does with a Z-Net or do you have to jump back and forth between Homeseer and Hubitat to configure things like LED color changes from within an event?
                          You shouldn’t. Maybe some stuff. Anything that doesn’t carry over from the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by mik3y View Post

You shouldn’t. Maybe some stuff. Anything that doesn’t carry over from the plugin.
                            OK. What I'm getting at is whether it makes sense to use say 3 Hubitat Hubs Instead of 3 Z-Nets or if you still need a mix of the two access all Homeseer features. Main thing is how HS-WD200+ switches work in events, can be linked together, advanced uses for the switch LED colors, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post

OK. What I'm getting at is whether it makes sense to use say 3 Hubitat Hubs Instead of 3 Z-Nets or if you still need a mix of the two access all Homeseer features. Main thing is how HS-WD200+ switches work in events, can be linked together, advanced uses for the switch LED colors, etc.
                              HS has much better Z-Wave than Hubitat and those switches are HS switches. So why would you run HS Z-Wave switches in Hubitat when you have HS? This doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X