Roller shade automation - Annex4 Automate Pulse Hub v2 for Rollease motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roller shade automation - Annex4 Automate Pulse Hub v2 for Rollease motors

Hi everyone, I see that there is a plugin available, from Annex4, for HS3, for the Rollease / Shade Store Automate Pulse Hub. The problem is that it is the old version, or v1. It uses the almost obsolete RS-232 serial link. The new version, or v2, uses IP communications, but I cannot find it anywhere. There are manuals online referring to the v2 and its associated executable "HSPI_AutomateV2.exe", however it is not anywhere on the net.

Does anyone know where I can get v2?

Hey guys, found it! Rollease had somehow left it off their website. They were very kind to send me a zip file with the plugin and instructions. It should be up on their website as well shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by sami View Post
      Hey guys, found it! Rollease had somehow left it off their website. They were very kind to send me a zip file with the plugin and instructions. It should be up on their website as well shortly.
      Did you get the plugin to working consistently? I have no issue installing the plugin. However, keeping it working is another story. I have to constantly disable and re-enable it to keep it working. Once I do that it works fine.....until it doesn't. Then I disable the plugin, re-enable it and it works again. It's like Groundhog Day.

Comment

Originally posted by mgonzales100 View Post

Did you get the plugin to working consistently? I have no issue installing the plugin. However, keeping it working is another story. I have to constantly disable and re-enable it to keep it working. Once I do that it works fine.....until it doesn't. Then I disable the plugin, re-enable it and it works again. It's like Groundhog Day.
        Are you using it with WiFi or Ethernet?

Comment

Are you using it with WiFi or Ethernet?
          Wifi. I was told that the Ethernet port wasn't active yet. How about you? Did I receive accurate information?

Comment

Wifi. I was told that the Ethernet port wasn't active yet. How about you? Did I receive accurate information?

Ethernet port is fine. I was having the same issues as you were. I just switched to using Ethernet this morning. So far it is working well. BUT, we will see.

It looks like the issue appears to have been related to WiFi. Every time my WiFi had to be restarted (firmware upgrades to the AP, switch or router), I lost the Pulse Hub 2. In my experience I didn't have to restart the plugin. Next time it happens, just go to the plugin's setting page and click on "discover". If the plugin reconnects, you have the same exact thing going on.

I have written to Rollease Acmeda about it, but haven't heard back.

Comment

Ethernet port is fine. I was having the same issues as you were. I just switched to using Ethernet this morning. So far it is working well. BUT, we will see.

It looks like the issue appears to have been related to WiFi. Every time my WiFi had to be restarted (firmware upgrades to the AP, switch or router), I lost the Pulse Hub 2. In my experience I didn't have to restart the plugin. Next time it happens, just go to the plugin's setting page and click on "discover". If the plugin reconnects, you have the same exact thing going on.

Thanks for the heads up on the ethernet port. I will move it to my rack today and see if that helps. I'm a little concerned that the hub will be too far from the shades now. However, I have a extender on order.

Are you using the Unifi family of devices for your network infrastructure? Was wondering if my AP's were causing issues.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the ethernet port. I will move it to my rack today and see if that helps. I'm a little concerned that the hub will be too far from the shades now. However, I have a extender on order.

Are you using the Unifi family of devices for your network infrastructure? Was wondering if my AP's were causing issues.
                We must be technology twins! Yes, I am using UniFi throughout... USG 4P Router, 48 Port POE Switch, 3 AP's and a CloudKey G2.

Comment

BTW... I have been having the similar kind of WiFi issues with my 4 Z-Nets. I will be moving them to Ethernet as well, one by one.

Comment

If you are using UniFi AP's, and you have not selected a fixed 2.4 GHz channel for each one, the problem with the Rollease Hub 2 occurs more frequently... maybe because the AP switches channels , to avoid congestion, but the Rollease does not.

Comment

If you are using UniFi AP's, and you have not selected a fixed 2.4 GHz channel for each one, the problem with the Rollease Hub 2 occurs more frequently... maybe because the AP switches channels , to avoid congestion, but the Rollease does not.
                      thanks for the info. My AP's are primarily on the default settings.

My setup is:

UDMP running CloudKey and Protect (USG and CloudKey Gen 2 Plus up until 2 weeks ago)
                      4 - G4 Pro's
                      2 - Switch 24 POE Gen 2
                      3 - Nano HD's

I really need to spend some time optimizing my network. Right now I know just enough to be dangerous. I just moved into a new home so I've been slowly setting up all my the technology in the home. I'm not using Z-wave yet but will when I install different smart locks shortly. I also plan to install some HSM200 Z-wave multi-sensors.I dabbled with z-wave several years back but I ended up going with Insteon. 2 houses later I'm still using Insteon for my light switches.

My kids talked me into watching Hamilton so we need to wait until tomorrow to connect my Automate Pulse Hub via ethernet. I will tell you how it goes. Hopefully, it will fix my problems.

Michael

Comment

I switched to ethernet last night and as of right now. No issues as of today. I will keep my fingers crossed.

I'm going to eventually migrate to HS4. I'm just holding off for a few more weeks/months in hopes that most of the kinks will be worked out.

Comment

thanks for the info. My AP's are primarily on the default settings.

My setup is:

UDMP running CloudKey and Protect (USG and CloudKey Gen 2 Plus up until 2 weeks ago)
                          4 - G4 Pro's
                          2 - Switch 24 POE Gen 2
                          3 - Nano HD's

I really need to spend some time optimizing my network. Right now I know just enough to be dangerous. I just moved into a new home so I've been slowly setting up all my the technology in the home. I'm not using Z-wave yet but will when I install different smart locks shortly. I also plan to install some HSM200 Z-wave multi-sensors.I dabbled with z-wave several years back but I ended up going with Insteon. 2 houses later I'm still using Insteon for my light switches.

My kids talked me into watching Hamilton so we need to wait until tomorrow to connect my Automate Pulse Hub via ethernet. I will tell you how it goes. Hopefully, it will fix my problems.

Michael
                          UniFi stuff is addictive. I started off with only an AP that I needed for upstairs. Now, I have everything UniFied. I have been optimizing it a little at a time... making sure that I don't break anything and disrupt my kids online classes. I still need to create a VPN server on it for inbound access. For outbound VPN, UniFi does not support Open VPN, only PPTP, so the options there are limited. However, I found NordVPN's per device VPN client more convenient than a router based VPN client.

Sami

Comment

I switched to ethernet last night and as of right now. No issues as of today. I will keep my fingers crossed.

I'm going to eventually migrate to HS4. I'm just holding off for a few more weeks/months in hopes that most of the kinks will be worked out.
                            My Rollease plugin has been holding up well since I switched to Ethernet yesterday morning.

I migrated to HS4, 3-4 days ago, and it is working great! The migration itself was much easier and smoother than I expected. I installed HS4 in a separate directory so as to not overwrite HS3, in case I have to go back to it. I followed the instructions from the following link, with a couple of small adjustments:

https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...hs4-on-windows

1) I made a copy of the entire HS3 directory to a USB dive and put it in my desk drawer
                            2) I followed the path of the Alternate Method
                            3) I did not delete the users.cfg or users.cfg.temp from the HS3/Config directory, instead I chose not to copy it to HS4 when you copy the contents of HS3/Config and HS3/Data to HS4. Actually I renamed both of them, did the copy of the two directories to HS4, deleted them from HS4 and renamed them back in HS3. That way I am not altering anything in HS3 in case I had to revert back to using HS3
                            4) I installed the plugins as though I had just purchased them. The license info you already transferred when you copied the HS3 directories. You might have to restart HS4 a couple of times, to get the plugins all working

Comment

UniFi stuff is addictive. I started off with only an AP that I needed for upstairs. Now, I have everything UniFied. I have been optimizing it a little at a time... making sure that I don't break anything and disrupt my kids online classes. I still need to create a VPN server on it for inbound access. For outbound VPN, UniFi does not support Open VPN, only PPTP, so the options there are limited. However, I found NordVPN's per device VPN client more convenient than a router based VPN client.

Sami
                              Does the VPN client significantly impact your performance?

Comment

Working...
                              X