Roller shade automation - Annex4 Automate Pulse Hub v2 for Rollease motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgonzales100 View Post

Does the VPN client significantly impact your performance?
    I haven't measured it, but observed practically, no.

Comment

Originally posted by sami View Post

I haven't measured it, but observed practically, no.
      Update. Since I took your advice and connected my iAutomate Pulse V2 Hub using the ethernet port the plugin has been working flawlessly. It has only been a couple of days so far. However, I'm encouraged by what I've experienced so far.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

Comment

Update. Since I took your advice and connected my iAutomate Pulse V2 Hub using the ethernet port the plugin has been working flawlessly. It has only been a couple of days so far. However, I'm encouraged by what I've experienced so far.

Thanks again for the recommendation.
        I freaking jinxed it. Two minutes after posting the previous message I tried to control a few shades and it didn't work. SO FRUSTRATING!!!

Comment

I freaking jinxed it. Two minutes after posting the previous message I tried to control a few shades and it didn't work. SO FRUSTRATING!!!
          Did you try to manipulate a group of shades... like several in a room?

If so, I have been having a problem with the new Hub 2 and I don't think it has anything to do with the ethernet / wifi side. I believe the RF commands collide on the roller shade side. I got around it by creating an event in HS3/HS4 and commanded each shade with a 2 second wait in between. Works like a charm.

Comment

So far I have experienced the plugin going to sleep once since I switched to Ethernet. Coincidently it was after a restart of HS4. Going to the plugin settings and clicking on "Discover" brought everything back to life, as it has on all of the previous WiFi occasions. I have asked Rollease again to look at the issue. Meanwhile, I am trying to figure out if there is a temporary fix like somehow kicking the Automate v2 plugin from an HS4 script or from a Windows scheduled task.

Comment

Did you try to manipulate a group of shades... like several in a room?

If so, I have been having a problem with the new Hub 2 and I don't think it has anything to do with the ethernet / wifi side. I believe the RF commands collide on the roller shade side. I got around it by creating an event in HS3/HS4 and commanded each shade with a 2 second wait in between. Works like a charm.
              I have events that open/close groups of shades. However, the event open/closes each shade individually. There is less than a second delay between shades. If the PI is working for one shade it's working for all shades and vice versa.

Comment

So far I have experienced the plugin going to sleep once since I switched to Ethernet. Coincidently it was after a restart of HS4. Going to the plugin settings and clicking on "Discover" brought everything back to life, as it has on all of the previous WiFi occasions. I have asked Rollease again to look at the issue. Meanwhile, I am trying to figure out if there is a temporary fix like somehow kicking the Automate v2 plugin from an HS4 script or from a Windows scheduled task.
                Until the issue gets resolved, I'm going to run a script to disable then re-enable the plugin twice a day. Not ideal to say the least but it's better than it not working at all.

I will follow-up with the Rollease to hopefully get them to look at the plugin. What method have you found is best to contact them? Phone or email?

Comment

Until the issue gets resolved, I'm going to run a script to disable then re-enable the plugin twice a day. Not ideal to say the least but it's better than it not working at all.

I will follow-up with the Rollease to hopefully get them to look at the plugin. What method have you found is best to contact them? Phone or email?
                  I was able to establish communication with the Rollease and their software guy. We are exchanging emails now, almost interactively. He has found the problem in the plugin and will be releasing a fix soon, he said. I will keep you apprised.

He identified the problem as one of recovery after a network connection disruption.

Comment

I was able to establish communication with the Rollease and their software guy. We are exchanging emails now, almost interactively. He has found the problem in the plugin and will be releasing a fix soon, he said. I will keep you apprised.

He identified the problem as one of recovery after a network connection disruption.
                    Thanks for the update.

Comment

Thanks for the update.
                      So, Ryan has got the problem fixed. He said he will be pushing it up to the HomeSeer store next week.

Note: After a network disruption-restore sequence, the first command takes about 8-10 seconds to execute as his plugin discovers and then recovers the TCP socket.

Comment

So, Ryan has got the problem fixed. He said he will be pushing it up to the HomeSeer store next week.

Note: After a network disruption-restore sequence, the first command takes about 8-10 seconds to execute as his plugin discovers and then recovers the TCP socket.
                        That's good to know that they are releasing an updated to the plugin. I didn't install the plugin from the HS store. I had to go to the Acmeda website and download the file then move it to the appropriate folder. I hope that future releases can be updated and installed within HS.

Comment

That's good to know that they are releasing an updated to the plugin. I didn't install the plugin from the HS store. I had to go to the Acmeda website and download the file then move it to the appropriate folder. I hope that future releases can be updated and installed within HS.
                          I did it the same way. They didn't have it on the HS Store, and still don't. Ryan said he was going to submit it to HS this week. The new version is 1.0.1.0.

Comment

I did it the same way. They didn't have it on the HS Store, and still don't. Ryan said he was going to submit it to HS this week. The new version is 1.0.1.0.
                            Perfect. Thanks!

Comment

Perfect. Thanks!
                              I see that the plugin is still not in the HomeSeer shop. If you want it before it goes up, PIM me.

Comment

Hi. Any news on this? I'm having the same problem about losing connection. I have to rediscover all 15 shades and I only resurrect one for each discovery.

Comment

Working...
                                X