Outdoor Motorized Shades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Motorized Shades

Is somebody using outdoor motorized shades and controls them via HomeSeer? If so what brand are you using and do they require a plugin? Has anybody used the "Lifestyle Outdoor Motorized Shade" sold by SelectBlinds?

https://www.selectblinds.com/solarsh...l?ColorId=9987

If you buy a product that uses SOMFY motors and controls(RF) the Somfy has a z-wave interface that I believe HS can communicate with. Your selected blind does not specify what motor/control is used so it's probably NOT Somfy--but call and check.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Our awnings use Somfy RF and our blinds inside the house use Somfy Z-wave motors. Hence I am quite familiar with those. I like the z-wave over the RF as I can define a certain percentage. Plus any z-wave motor should be fairly easy to control, not just the Somfy. It's just not trivial to figure out what all the different motorized shades use. For instance I did contact selectblinds.com but they couldn't tell me what motors they use.

Comment

Then they probably don't use Somfy. If a product uses Somfy they usually advertise such because it's a strong selling feature.

Comment

I recently had a motorized shade installed and simply purchased a second remote, soldered wires to the "up", "stop", and "down" button and connected them to 3 relays of a SONOFF 4CH Pro. Now I have buttons on my HSTouch tablet as well as Alexa voice control. A long way to get there, but it works reliably.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
            Then they probably don't use Somfy. If a product uses Somfy they usually advertise such because it's a strong selling feature.
            Actually, neither the guys from the awnings and indoor shades knew what motors they are using and getting the information took some effort. Having said that, what I have seen so far Somfy always uses the same remote so you can kind of tell by the remote. The link I posted shows a remote that is completely different and I actually see this remote on other brands as well. So I think it's not Somfy but I was hoping maybe somebody has some success integrating those remotes.

mterry63 I would feel compelled doing this if it was for a dozen+ shades but it's for a single shade. I am not sure I want to go through that hassle for a single shade. Actually, I had reverse engineered the code for my ceiling fans but it was such a pain I wouldn't recommend it to anybody unless you don't have anything else to do....

Comment

I submitted AKNeoSmart plugin (currently in BETA) for the NEO Smart blinds controller from neosmartblinds.com
              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...80#post1548080

Comment

Working...
              X