Z-wave (Aeon USB stick) sort of working - complains about COM4 port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave (Aeon USB stick) sort of working - complains about COM4 port

This morning I found the HS3 software up and running but the interface was showing as having a problem. I rebooted the Windows7 server that runs HS3, took out and put back the USB Aeon stick, and then I started getting emails as per various events I had set up in HS3, including those triggered by motion detecting Z-wave devices, so I thought it was all good, but I can't trigger any actions via the Devices screen's buttons and the interface is still showing as problematic:

Interface init failed: Cannot open COM port COM4: Access to the port 'COM4' is denied.

I can't figure out if it's working or not, but how do I get past this COM4 problem? I've had everything running exactly this way for several years, nothing new happened (unless the machine took on a Windows update, it may have done). Maybe this is the problem - I see 2 interfaces listed - I only have one stick; how do I get rid of the spurious one?Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 12.32.53 PM.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1389964

First, click the Red circle (next to 'Name: New Interface'). See if you get any error messages.

Check your Device Manager to make sure the stick is connected to COM4.

I would also try forcing COM port assignment to some other number (UZB/Properties/Port Settings/Advanced)

Comment

Working...
    X