Z-wave Sound Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave Sound Sensor

I recently didn't close the freezer door properly and we didn't notice the beeping for quite some time since it's in the garage. I can buy the HS light sensor but the light doesn't blink until the temp inside is +21F. However the unit beeps if the door is left open more than 5 minutes. At that point everything is still frozen solid.

Has anyone seen or heard of a z-wave or zigbee device that listens for a sound?

I believe Ecolink makes one that's meant to listen for smoke alarm or CO2 alarm sound. Doubt your freezer would be loud enough but may be worth looking into.
    -Wade

Comment

Something like this might work. https://www.aartech.ca/ff-zwave5-eco...-detector.html
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Thanks, I'm not sure the beeping will be loud enough but it's worth a try.

Comment

I've used mini door sensors in the past that were part of my alarm system. Stuck them on the bottom of the door outside the freezer so they had good signal but werent noticed. Maybe try a zwave door sensor.

Also had one on the fridge and was fun to see the weekly count of how many times the fridge was opened.

Comment

+1 for the mini door sensors. Have then on my fridge and freezer doors. Alerts me with an announcement if the door is open for more than 5 minutes.

Comment

Wow, I hadn't thought about the door sensors. I have some Xiaomi zigbee sensors that are very small. I also ordered the Ecolink alarm sensor. Something here will work. Thanks for the suggestions!

​​​​​​​

Comment

The Xiaomi zigbee door sensor did the trick. Now I'm thinking about the refrigerator doors. I dread to think what the count would be if I bothered to check.

I ordered the HS light sensor as a backup. You never know.

Comment

Ive had the light sensor now for about a month. It works pretty well. I used white electrical tape to attach it to the dryer. This morning we had direct sun beaming down on the dryer and it triggered the sensor. Switching over to black tape later tonight which is fuglier but rather not have false alarms.

Comment

I just monitor the power of our fridges/freezers and I use it to differentiate between the power usage scenarios (compressor on, compressor off, defrost on, defrost off, light bulb on, light bulb off) and permutations of the above. If something is unusual (ie light bulb has been on for more than x minutes, compressor on for more than y minutes, defrost cycle hasn’t been in on in last 24 hours, etc.), HS alerts me.
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                    X