Email Setup No Longer Working (GMail)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Setup No Longer Working (GMail)

Just discovered that my email setup is no longer working. I know that this has worked in the past.
    Jun-03 3:29:08 PM Event Event In Development Email Test triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
    Jun-03 3:29:08 PM Event Event Trigger "In Development Email Test"
    Jun-03 3:29:09 PM Error Exception sending email via GMail (To:jimspeiser@yahoo.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:TEST, Attach = Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at
    Jun-03 3:29:20 PM Error Exception sending email via GMail (To:jimspeiser@yahoo.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:TEST, Attach = Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at
    Jun-03 3:29:32 PM Error Exception sending email via GMail (To:jimspeiser@yahoo.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:TEST, Attach = Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at
    Jun-03 3:29:44 PM Error Exception sending email via GMail (To:jimspeiser@yahoo.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:TEST, Attach = Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at
    Jun-03 3:29:44 PM Warning Sending email To: jimspeiser@yahoo.com aborted after 4 tries

At first I thought I had discovered the problem when I saw that Google had a new thing, "Less Secure Apps Access." It was OFF, so I turned it on. But that didn't solve the problem.

Here is my setup:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot_20200603153619.png
Views:	456
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1390960

Anyone see any problems with it? (I assure you, the user name and password are correct).

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

I had the same or very similar problem recently. I went to my google account > security > signing in to google > app passwords and generated a mail app password specifically for HS3. Plugged that in to my HS3 gmail config and haven't had authentication problems since.
    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
      I had the same or very similar problem recently. I went to my google account > security > signing in to google > app passwords and generated a mail app password specifically for HS3. Plugged that in to my HS3 gmail config and haven't had authentication problems since.
      So, you created a new mail account specifically for HS3?

Jim Speiser
      38-year veteran of Home Automation
      Still don't know squat

Comment

Here my HS3 GMail set up has always worked. I am using the second section for GMail. I just tested it to work fine using these settings:

1 - smtp.gmail.com
        2 - Gmail SMTP port (TLS): 587
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post

So, you created a new mail account specifically for HS3?
          Essentially, yes, although I use it for a couple other things.
          -Wade

Comment

Working...
          X